Gladiatoria Munera Registration Form

Official Ludi events occur here! Look here to participate in the ludi cultural events and competitions! For more information on ludi festivals go here: http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/wiki/ludi.html

Moderators: Gaius Flavius Aetius, Marca Marcia, Aula Flavia Philippa, Paullus Aemilius Gallus

Gladiatoria Munera Registration Form

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Salvete Omnes!

The following is the registration form

Owner’s Roman Name: (Your Roman Name)
Name: (Gladiator’s name)
Sex: Male or Female
Gladiator type (Choose one)
• RETIARIUS – Weapon is net, trident and dagger. Defenses are manica on the arm up to shoulder
• HOPLOMACHUS – Weapons are lance & dagger. Defense is closed crest hull, circular small shield and metal shin pads
• MURMILLO – Weapon is a gladius (short sword). Defense is closed great crest hull, scutum (large rectangular shield), manica on right arm and shin pad on left leg
• THRAEX – Weapon is a sicca (curved sword). Defense is a closed hull, parmula (small quadrangular shield), manica on right arm, and metallic leg guards up to the thigh.
• SECUTOR – Weapon is a gladius. Defenses are closed smooth hull, scutum, manica on right arm, and metallic leg guards up to thighs on both legs.
• DIMACHAERUS – Two siccae or gladii (pick one). His defenses are manica on both arms, and metallic leg guards up to thighs on both legs.
Tactics type: Defensive – Spectators are less impressed
Attack – Spectators are more impressed
Balanced – Does not affect spectator opinion

Short description and backstory: Provide a short physical description of your fighter and some of their story (where are they from, their personality, and/or reason they are a slave).

Example of backstory provided by L. Curtius Philo:

Marcus Attilius
A caucasian male, 38 years old, 6 ft. 2 in., 197 lbs., blue eyes, short black hair, square face, stubble. When asked to describe him, most people say "hateful". A Roman from Sicilia, he voluntarily sold himself into slavery in order to pay off his family's debts. After seducing his owner's spouse he was sold to me for gladiator duty. It is obvious from the look in his eyes he is a regretting his past indulgences. Maybe he will find a second chance by demonstrating the best of virtus? Or maybe he will be easy fodder for a better man? I suppose we will find out what he is really made of?

Please submit all forms to l.aureliuscurio@yahoo.com or private message the application to me.

NOTE: YOU MUST BE PART OF A FACTION TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION

Each registrant can submit one gladiator into the Gladiatoria Munera League for free, and any additional gladiators will cost 10 denarii to be submitted to Cohors Aedilicia.

I look forward to everyone's participation.

Valete!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Censor
Censor
Proconsul
Proconsul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Augur