Election of Co-Leader

The purpose of this colligium is to establish a group for those citizens of the republic that are currently serving or have served in the uniformed military service of their home country (this means real, actual military service as opposed to reenacting) for networking, socialization and brotherhood. Additionally, we understand that no organization of veterans is complete without their family members so we invite the loved ones of veterans to join and extend a welcoming hand to those that reenact the honorable and mighty legions of Rome to join our ranks. | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... rani%20/40

Moderators: Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Marcus Livius Horatius, Octavius Aurelius Augustus, Postumus Galerius Galba, Quintus Pollius Calvus

Election of Co-Leader

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:31 am

Salvete Omnes!

As per the recent edict, EDICTUM CONSULUM: Establishing Co-Leadership of Collegia, I am putting forward an election for a co-leader as we recently held elections ourselves. This position will be for a co-Veterani Legatus Legionis and shall share the same responsibilities as myself as a leader of this Collegium.

Candidacy can be put forth starting on the 16th of Ianuarius and end on the 22nd. Voting will then commence on the 23rd until the 29th of Ianuarius.

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Omnis enim ex infirmitate feritas est
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

Re: Election of Co-Leader

Postby Marcus Aurelius Seianus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:07 am

Salvette Omne Veterani
In accordance with the new mandate for co-leaders of collegiums, I do hereby announce that I wish to stand for the position of co-Veterani Legatus Legionus

The veterani are a matter close to my heart. As for retired member of the US Army and married to a career member of the Air Force, veteran issues are very important to me, and my family. I am an advocate for many veteran groups, and I know how hard life can be for some veterans. The collegia should be a place where veterans can discuss issues that only we can understand and relate to. A place where we can joke with each other, shares stories and experiences, and just blow off steam if we need to. It can also be a place where veterans can find other veterans to talk to if they need to discuss difficult issues. The military is a brotherhood, regardless of rank, job, branch, or even nationality. In my 20 years I had the distinct honor of working with numerous foreign militaries. Being a veteran is about the honor, integrity, and brotherhood. When a person raises their hand and swears an oath to protect and defend, we become so much more than who we were, and those that never do it. We build bonds that can only be found when one is pushed to the extremes. Over the last 15 years we have seen a whole new generation of veterans returning from wars that truly strained them. We lost not only brothers, but part of ourselves as well. A huge toll was taken by all of us, and only your fellow brothers and sisters can relate to the sacrifices we made.

But the collegia is more than just supporting one another, it’s also about inter-service rivalries and the general trash talking that is associate with the services. Every branch of the military serves a vital role, and they think that without them, the rest would fall apart, and each branch thinks it’s the most important. It is in that inherent nature that springs good old fashioned trash talking. Being retired Army and married to a career Air Force wife one can see just how amusing that may be.

As co-leader of the Veterani I will do everything in my power to address all aspects of veteran issues. I will support new ideas for the collegium and do everything to help. This is a forum for the true 1%’ers of the world. It is an eternal bond of brotherhood found nowhere else in the world. I will see to it that members of the veterani are true members, not individuals who say they are. As co-leader I do not care if you deployed, I do not care what job you did, or even your nationality, because you raised your hand, and you swore to put your life in harm’s way to protect your nation, and your fellow brothers. I will see to it that we do not have imitators, posers, wannabe’s or arm chair generals playing a part. The Collegium Veterani is a place for veterans, period.

I look forward to serving this collegium with honor, dignity, and the reverence it truly deserves.
Marcus Aurelius Seianus
Tribunus Laticlavius
Ordo Equester
Legatus Legio X Cohor III
Praefectus Legionus
Decurio Gens Aurelius
Marcus Aurelius Seianus
Governor of Eria
Governor of Eria

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:43 am

Salvete Omnes!

This item is moved to vote. Only voting members may vote.

Please vote on the item by responding with one of the following options as well as the candidates name:

1. UTI ROGAS (in favor of item)
2. ANTIQUO (opposed to item)
3. ABSTINEO (abstain)

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 am

Salvete Omnes!

I vote for the following:

M. AURELIUS SEIANUS - UTI ROGAS

I vote this way for two reasons. I believe in the plan he is proposing and because M. Minucius Audens already holds a position as the second in command in our Collegium. Voting for him would deprive us of another leadership position, which I cannot do in good faith for the continued survival, however barren, of our much needed Collegium Veterani.

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

Postby Marcus Aurelius Seianus » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52 am

Marcus Aurelius Seianus
Tribunus Laticlavius
Ordo Equester
Legatus Legio X Cohor III
Praefectus Legionus
Decurio Gens Aurelius
Marcus Aurelius Seianus
Governor of Eria
Governor of Eria

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:44 pm

by Lucius Aurelius Curio » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 am

Salvete Omnes!

I vote for the following:

I vote this way for two reasons. I believe in the plan he is proposing and because M. Minucius Audens already holds a position as the second in command in our Collegium. Voting for him would deprive us of another leadership position, which I cannot do in good faith for the continued survival, however barren, of our much needed Collegium Veterani.

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Marcus Minucius Audens -- Uti Rogas

I vote in this way for the following reasons:

>> I was appointed the leader of this Collegium prior to the election of Consul Curio;
>> I have contributed regularly to the Collegium while Legatus Curio has only done so a minimum of times, and Master SEIANUS has done nothing in that respect save for his nomination application.
>> I have contributed regularly to the Collegium while Tribunas, and again while the Legatus has contributed little;
>> I see little difference in the plans put forward by Master SEIANUS and myself;
>> I am well aware the Consul Curio is a busy man, therefore I suggest that based on the difference between the past contributions to this collegium that he take the position of Tribunus, and Master SEIANUS take the position of third officer. In that way all may contribute to this collegium as thier time and efforts allow;
>> If the Collegium Veterani "is barren and so badly needed," I wounder that the Legatus has not done more to keep it alive;
>> In "all good conscience" I cannot allow this collegium to continue with ony one person contributing to it , without taking the helm that I once held again, and trying to encourage more contributions, suggestions, ideas, and views for the future from our membership;
>> If the membership of this Collegium wants periodic contributions to continue as opposed to the relative silence in the past, your vote will decide;

Respectfully Submitted;
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:39 am

This election is now closed. M. Aurelius Seianus is now co Veterani Legatus Legionis
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

Return to Collegium Veterani