Dead collegium?

The purpose of this colligium is to establish a group for those citizens of the republic that are currently serving or have served in the uniformed military service of their home country (this means real, actual military service as opposed to reenacting) for networking, socialization and brotherhood. Additionally, we understand that no organization of veterans is complete without their family members so we invite the loved ones of veterans to join and extend a welcoming hand to those that reenact the honorable and mighty legions of Rome to join our ranks. | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... rani%20/40

Moderators: Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Gaius Valerius Scipio, Octavius Aurelius Augustus, Titus Aurelius Apollinaris, Quintus Pollius Calvus

Dead collegium?

Postby Quintus Aurelius Vulscus » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Is it me or is this collegium dead? What happened. Nothing posted since I joined. No welcome, no sort of activity at all. If you are Veterani let's get this collegium revamped! Who's with me?!

Quintus Aurelius Vulscus
The Klingon Roman
Quintus Aurelius Vulscus

Re: Dead collegium?

Postby Gaius Flavius Aetius » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Salve, Quintus Aurelius.
As I see, this colegium is really not very active. I don't actually know what we can do with this, but if you have any ideas, than you have my hand.
Vale.
Sarmatia, Mosqua.
Airborne is an angel for 3 seconds, eagle for 2 minutes and draft horse for all the time after.
Gaius Flavius Aetius

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:45 pm

I've always thought of this Collegium as more of a support system for those who served in the military, rather than some very active Collegium. I am open to any ideas to jump start it though
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Flavius Aetius » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:48 am

Salve.

In my humble opinion, support is good, but I see it also as some kind of brotherhood(coz, u know, not all of us have ptsd and/or need to speak about it) where you can just speek about different stuff like funny stories from your service times and so. I guess, this forum is good as some kind of archive and place for serious buisness, but for such stuff I'm speaking about maybe it is better to use something more active, like telegram channel maybe?
Sorry for bad english.
Sarmatia, Mosqua.
Airborne is an angel for 3 seconds, eagle for 2 minutes and draft horse for all the time after.
Gaius Flavius Aetius

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:32 pm

You're English is good enough for me, amice. And you're right on that. It's worth exploring what may be best overall.
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:28 pm

And as always, Sarmatian appears, and creates a movement in the already long-dead community. Once again I am convinced that the Sarmatians are the engine of activity.
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Sarmatia Magna
Sarmatia Magna
Cultus Mithrae
Cultus Mithrae
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:47 pm

And, as always, I welcome that role you guys play, Severe. :) We are truly lucky to have you all.
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Flavius Aetius » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:22 am

Speaks with sarmatian accent: Yeah,Yeah, Sarmatia ze best contri, but what iz our next move? I mean, how many of active citizens we have ere anyway? Even to create some kind of veterani chat we need at least 4-5 people, or it will be not interesting at all. Where is the other leader of collegium anyway? Marine guy I mean.
Sarmatia, Mosqua.
Gaius Flavius Aetius

Postby Gaius Flavius Aetius » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:09 pm

Oooookaaaaaaayyyyy. Well, sorry, roman klingon. Nobody interested. Rest in peace, collegium veterani.
Sarmatia, Mosqua.
Gaius Flavius Aetius

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:12 pm

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Yeah, I haven't heard from Seianus in a long time. But you're correct, its highly unlikely we could revive it. So past few days I've been brainstorming on ways the RR could honor those who have followed the footsteps of our ancestors, those who've served in a real world military. If we could do this, I'd feel comfortable dissolving this Collegium.
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Next