Collegia Membership System Finished! (COLLEGIA LEADERS READ)

The purpose of this colligium is to establish a group for those citizens of the republic that are currently serving or have served in the uniformed military service of their home country (this means real, actual military service as opposed to reenacting) for networking, socialization and brotherhood. Additionally, we understand that no organization of veterans is complete without their family members so we invite the loved ones of veterans to join and extend a welcoming hand to those that reenact the honorable and mighty legions of Rome to join our ranks. | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... rani%20/40

Moderators: Lucius Aurelius Curio, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Marca Marcia, Aula Flavia Philippa, Paullus Aemilius Gallus, Quintus Pollius Calvus

Collegia Membership System Finished! (COLLEGIA LEADERS READ)

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:48 am

P. Iunius Brutus Omnibus in foro S.P.D.

As the aranearius (webmaster) of the Roman Republic, I have responded to popular feedback asking for a formalized membership management system for the collegia and societas groups. We now have such a membership admin system in the form of an application system and membership directory for every collegium and societas approved to operate within the Res Publica.

This is how it works:

I) Prospective members can apply to a group by visiting the profile page of the collegium they want to join. All groups are listed here: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... /directory

II) On the collegium / societas profile page a button appears when a citizen is logged in. This button, when pressed, sends an automatic application to the leaders of the collegium / societas.

Another button called "Member Directory" is listed on the profile page as well. This lists all leaders and regular members of the group.

JA1.jpg
JA1.jpg (115.05 KiB) Viewed 861 times

III) The application is sent to the leaders of the joint account. If they click the link contained in the email they will approve the citizen to become a member of the collegium / societas in question.

JA2.jpg
JA2.jpg (43.41 KiB) Viewed 861 times

III) After a citizen is approved they are listed as a member within the directory. If a leader of the collegium / societas is logged in and viewing the member directory an extra column will appear allowing leaders to remove members from the collegium / societas. Note, this column will only appear is the logged in user is a leader of the group being viewed!

Any citizen who is approved as a member of a collegium also has this status reflected on their citizenship profile page.

JA3.jpg
JA3.jpg (32.14 KiB) Viewed 861 times

JA4.jpg
JA4.jpg (126.86 KiB) Viewed 861 times

I hope this system makes managing collegia more efficient! Collegia and societas are a vital part of our national community, and I take the needs of these groups very seriously.

Nevertheless, this system required a surprising amount of work. In the future, we can expand upon this system, but for the short term, I do not foresee additional changes occurring. If you find any bugs or issues please private message me.

Valete!
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur