Mandated Election Votes

This Collegium is devoted to discussion, research and the contribution to the Roman Republic of Articles, pictures, drawings, military reenactment, questions, comments and all other material relating to the purpose of the Militarium (Ancient Roman Military). Collegium Website: http://militarium.romanrepublic.org/ | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... itarium/41

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Marca Marcia, Aula Flavia Philippa, Paullus Aemilius Gallus

Mandated Election Votes

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:38 pm

>>>> Mandated Election Votes <<<<

Salveti Omnes;

In the case of the votes so far recieved for the position of a CO-Praefectus Castorum Of the 228 articles in the Collegium, which are not politically concieved and not applicablearti the following comments are made:
>> Cassia Longina -- 11 articles put forward as my cornicularius; acceptable;
>> Philo, who apparently has not read the By-Laws --1, vote not accepted;
>> Gallus, who also has apparently not read the by-laws -- None, vote not accepted;
>> Brutus -- 3.

>>> [b]The Collegium Militarium Bylaws on Voting are listed below, and approved.
[/b]

"II). Voting Membership will be awarded to all contributing members, after they have contributed at least three contributions (articles, photos, drawings, etc.) as approved by the Contributions Praetor of the Collegium. Voting Members must be a Member of Roman Republic;"[/]

[i](d) Unfilled positions in the collegium will be undertaken by the Praefectus Castrorum.

>> In the case of Brutus, of the three articles provided:

1--'Roman Trade,' acceptable but very skimpy;
2--Request for information - unacceptable;
3. Colligiate Announcement - unaccetable.

Note (1): I, as the elected Praefectus Castrorum declare in accordance with the approved by-laws of the Collegium Militarium that the three above listed votes are not acceptable and therefore void.

Note (2) : As Preafectus Castrorum I do not feel that political announcements or Collegiate Announcements necessarily forward the specifics of this Militarium and so those announcements will not be counted.

(Comments 1): In addition, due to her response as necesaary and required, some time ago, I have promised the position of [b]CO- Praefectus Castrorum to Cassia Longina[/b], following these mandated elections for her advice, assistance in RR, and her qualifcation for voting in the Militarium as requested and required. My promise was and is my word and intention, and I appeal to all in this Militarium to allow me to complete my promise with Honor. In the case of Master Sijanus, I should be pleased to appont him the Praefectus Legionus in accordance with the promises of Senator Triarius and myself when we agreed to work to contract all operational legions (Pilum I) for their input to RR. So far, I have contacted six legions with three responses and one of those was a presentable report which was made to RR. I am sure that Master Sijanus would do even better, than I, at that task.

Of the 228 topics in the Militarium from Jan. 25, 2017 to the present date, I have authored 194 of them. I think that alone qualifies me to continue as the Praefectus Castroum without the assistance from anyone who has not shown themselves qualified for the task assigned to them. I also think that I have the right to appoint my own CO-Praefectus without being mandated to do so with someone whom I do not know and have not worked with. Cassia Longina has that qualification, and I am sure that she will do a great job!! I am perfectly willing to accept any applications for any staff position in the future, just as I have in the past, but I neither desire nor need a completely new individual to take over as a CO Praectus Castrorum, until I know what he or she can do. I started this Militarium, fought for it, and now I wish to see that it contiues to exist as it has, to date, with hopeful improvement of a skilled staff and people who are willing to learn in a new situation. If my scheduling for my promised appointment conflicts with your proposed timeline, I plead your patience with me as I sometimes misunderstand your intentions.

Very Respectfully;
Marcus Minucius Audens
Praefectus Castrorum
Marcus Minucius Audens

Re: Mandated Election Votes

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Salve, Audens!

You do, certainly, a wonderful job at this collegium!

However, I cannot be your second leader due to the consular edict. I submitted my name for second-in-command to the two elected leaders, one of which, is you. I have already been given the maximum leading roles in collegia (3).

With this, I humbly and honorably decline your offer as co-leader. I do this as warmly and only wish the best - this has no effect on our friendship and my role within this wonderful collegium. I will continue to be the second-in-command and serve this collegium as best I can - and hopefully, our collegia will work together to expand and provide for the citizen body!

I thank you most honorably and warmly,
C Cassia Longina
Gaia Cassia Longina

Return to Collegium Militarium