Response to Master Seijanus' Rant

This Collegium is devoted to discussion, research and the contribution to the Roman Republic of Articles, pictures, drawings, military reenactment, questions, comments and all other material relating to the purpose of the Militarium (Ancient Roman Military). Collegium Website: http://militarium.romanrepublic.org/ | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... itarium/41

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Marca Marcia, Aula Flavia Philippa, Paullus Aemilius Gallus

Response to Master Seijanus' Rant

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:39 pm

I am very sorry to hear that Master Seijanus feels as he does about my actions. I was simply enforcing the ByLaws of the Militarium which were submitted properly and approved, as he has admitted. In regard to my selection of Cassia Longina as a CO- Praefectus Castrorum, that was done prior to the announcement of the 'Mandated Election" which had no previous announcement or warning that I was aware of. In regard to the other members of the Militarium, I have asked them for what they wanted and got no response, so I contributed a variety of drawings and articles to cover the interest of most members. My contacts with legions was as I said, I contacted six, four of which were reported in a quarterly report; the remaining two responded, but one only with a E-Mail address that did not work, as I have said. The XXIVth Legion's Report was promugated to the RR. The IIIrd Legion (Cyrenaica) has a member limited list which I am awaiting to be granted access. Their activities of late have not been very active. The Legion's information was to be announced in the next issue of the "Pilum", but I am waiting to see if Senator Triarus will be able to publish it, since I do not yet have that skill. This is well known among the magistates who need to know. Your assistance in this project, had you agreed to be on the Militarium Staff, would have been invaluable to getting the second issue of "Pilum" on the Internet.

The edict did not take into account that there might not be available a member in the Militarium which has exhibted his ability to improve the Militarium. Such was the weakness of such a "one idea covers all" edict! In regard to your assistance in developing this Militarium, I invited you to be the Praefectus Legionus for this group, but you have distained it. I don't know you at all and have never worked with you. It thought it only fair to bring you in and see what you could do. Apparently from your comments, this was the right thing for me to do.

I am suitably impressed with your title, but I have mine, as well, however, and I am sure that you are not interested. I invited you to be part of this Militarium to see what you were capable of, and if we could work together. If you are really interested in moving the Militarium forward, the offer of Praefectus Legious still stands. I don't think that is a sign of a man who has "his own book club," but rather a man who is wary of those who "talk the walk, but do not walk the walk."

Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Praefectus Castorum, Sdalitas Militarium.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

By: Marcus Aurelius Seianus on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:39 am
Salvette Omne,
To those who nominated me to co-leader the Collegia Militarium, I would like to thank you for your encouragement and endorsement, but it seems that none of you esteemed gentlemen are worthy in Audens eyes to cast your votes, as written by his own bylaws. Secondly, he promised a position to Cassia as co-leader of the collegia, which in essence negates the free election. Audens has made it clear that he wishes to defy the edict calling for free and fair elections. In his own words, he feels that he deserves the right to pick his own second, in direct defiance of an edict. After reading through the posts made by the “esteemed” Audens, I see that the Collegia is nothing more than his own personal book review club. He states he has contacted numerous legions, but where are these reenactors he spoke of? What units has he contacted, and to what end? I myself have contacted Legio XIIII, Legio X, and Legio VI in regards to being part of the RR’s represented Legion. In the upcoming Clash of Iron reenactment, I hold a very prominent position, second only to the General of the Legions. What I speak is fact, and I have the proof to show it.

The Collegia should be run by individuals interested in not only academic research, but also promoting living history, something Audens fails to do. His nomination of Cassia shows that as well, as well as nepotism. Neither of the two have done anything to actually promote the reenactment side of things, and as it stands, the Collegia will remain as Audens wants, a book club.

I was more than willing to work with Audens to promote and grow the collegia, but apparently he is not willing to share power with anyone other than he determines as fit, not the people. While I cannot argue with the Bylaws, as they are the law and he has every right to enforce them, they take power away from the people of the collegia. Not every member needs to contribute, perhaps some come to learn, or find groups, are are not interested in being in office. But why should those individuals be denied the ability to vote? The collegia is supposed to be about promoting the military and living history side of the RR, not power plays and who can write the most articles (even as mundane as book reviews). It seems this collegia is in need of a serious overhaul if it is to be a fully functioning one.

With that being said, I do hereby withdraw my nomination. I hope perhaps in time the people will decide the future of the Collegia, not one man.

Re: Response to Master Seijanus' Rant

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm

I most honorably accept your appointment as my previous position before the edict. I will continue to use to work with you to provide for this collegium.

I encourage Seianus to run as well. And I hope this cleared up any misunderstanding.

Thank you again Audens,
C Cassia Longina
Gaia Cassia Longina

Return to Collegium Militarium