Edicts

This Collegium is devoted to discussion, research and the contribution to the Roman Republic of Articles, pictures, drawings, military reenactment, questions, comments and all other material relating to the purpose of the Militarium (Ancient Roman Military). Collegium Website: http://militarium.romanrepublic.org/ | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... itarium/41

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Marca Marcia, Aula Flavia Philippa, Paullus Aemilius Gallus

Edicts

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Gentlemen and Ladies;
As I have said previously, I do not understand your organization, and I certainly do not understand your views. Those who I considered to be my friends and who have approved the Collegium Militarium's By-Laws have now apparently decided that the work I have done over the past year is unsatisfactory, and that your ideas about who I need and want to assist me with this collegium, and how the collegium is currently wrong in all respects, is a direct spear into the heart of my desire and excitement to serve the RR in my way. I am sorry about that, and therefore just as Master Philo has worked so hard to get, you now have my resignation from the RR, fully and totally. My reasoning is that this is the same thing that happened in NR, however, it was done, I must admit, in a much more clever fashion.

Brutus, my former friend, and Victor who helped me so very much, I thought better of you

I am very sorry to have to leave RR , but you have given me no choice. You have totally ignored my suggestions as a magistrate, without even a discussion, and my attempts to provide information other than politics, religion, and disruption have been ignored, refused and refruted. This in my view. Now the few who I counted as friends have turned against me in favor of a gentleman who refused to do the very thing he claimed his wish and enthusiasm to do.

So, there is no place here in RR for me, so Goodbye.

Respectfully;
James Mathews (Formerly Marcus Minucius Audens of the Res Publica Romana)
Marcus Minucius Audens

Re: Edicts

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:39 pm

I really will never understand you fully amice... You speak as if you were betrayed. You were doing something illegal and the Praetor corrected it. Simply that.

And Im sorry if in your memory you have forgotten every discussion and every explanation that were given to you as a magistrate, because I haven't. The magistrates have did all they could to help you and talk to you, but most of the times they did so you forgot about it later and started accusing them of not caring or listening. I find it unfair. I havent criticized you over this becaus I know you have a memory problem, but I cannot permit that you say such lies like that without response.

Our magistrates did all they could and our Praetor acted correctly. In no way was he trying to have your resignation. Not even PHILO did, even though you always accused him of that because of some pretty petty misunderstandings. Philo tried all he could with his limited patience to amend things with you and how did you repay him? Accusing him of not informing you things and not even saying sorry when he PROVED that he did and that you just forgot.

I like you a lot Audens. I still consider you a friend. But you are unjust to those around you and you don't understand either teamwork or compromise.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Brutus sal.

Here in the Roman Republic we are a community a family of sorts, united in our passion of Rome. We all desire to return Roman culture in some form to the present in a living way.

Like any family we must compromise and accept that not everything goes our way. No one person owns the RR or any collegia in it. We share these things. We give and take. This is why we are different than NR or other groups.

Audens, I'm sad to see you go. You have done good work and you are a good man. But the bylaws of the militarium are flawed as it takes away the ballot of virtually every member of the group. When the bylaws were approved I'm sure no one saw this being the outcome. The edict from Praetor Laevus is designed to address these matters. It is to make this collegia stronger.

No one wanted you not to lead this Collegium. The ballots cast, and not recognized by yourself stand testament to this fact. You were simply being asked to compromise. To work with the other members of this Roman community. You refused. So be it. You are allowed to make errors, this resignation is such an error. Even if you won't ever see it as such.

I took time and much personal care instructing you on how things work here. Others spent considerable time as well. We consider you a friend. It is a shame that our own dedication to you has been repaid in this way. You cast accusations as you see fit. You see people wishing you harm or acting unjustly towards you? We helped you so very much. Alone I made you personalized videos, messages, and more. It was a pleasure to do this. But it's a slap to the face to be treated with 1% of the patience and understanding shown in return.

This said, now we look to tomorrow. This is water under the bridge in my book.

The Collegium Militarium will continue to develop and grow. Great things are destined for this Collegium. Many times over the last year people said things can't be done. So far history has shown otherwise.

My best, and may the Gods smile upon you in your future endeavors inside or outside our community.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:51 am

Marcus Minucius Audens wrote:Gentlemen and Ladies;
As I have said previously, I do not understand your organization, and I certainly do not understand your views. Those who I considered to be my friends and who have approved the Collegium Militarium's By-Laws have now apparently decided that the work I have done over the past year is unsatisfactory, and that your ideas about who I need and want to assist me with this collegium, and how the collegium is currently wrong in all respects, is a direct spear into the heart of my desire and excitement to serve the RR in my way. I am sorry about that, and therefore just as Master Philo has worked so hard to get, you now have my resignation from the RR, fully and totally. My reasoning is that this is the same thing that happened in NR, however, it was done, I must admit, in a much more clever fashion.

Brutus, my former friend, and Victor who helped me so very much, I thought better of you

I am very sorry to have to leave RR , but you have given me no choice. You have totally ignored my suggestions as a magistrate, without even a discussion, and my attempts to provide information other than politics, religion, and disruption have been ignored, refused and refruted. This in my view. Now the few who I counted as friends have turned against me in favor of a gentleman who refused to do the very thing he claimed his wish and enthusiasm to do.

So, there is no place here in RR for me, so Goodbye.

Respectfully;
James Mathews (Formerly Marcus Minucius Audens of the Res Publica Romana)

SALVE!

Your sir are a damned fool. You literally resigned because you don't understand what's going on and don't want to listen to people explain it to you. Most people under your circumstance would not have five people bending over backwards to help you understand things. But you ducky had such luck. Despite this you are too damn thick skulled to accept good help. So you throw an adult tantrum?

I guess all I can say under such circumstance is buh-bye and thank you for culling yourself.

VALE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Senator
Senator

Return to Collegium Militarium