The Collegia

This Collegium is devoted to discussion, research and the contribution to the Roman Republic of Articles, pictures, drawings, military reenactment, questions, comments and all other material relating to the purpose of the Militarium (Ancient Roman Military). Collegium Website: http://militarium.romanrepublic.org/ | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... itarium/41

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Marca Marcia, Aula Flavia Philippa, Paullus Aemilius Gallus

The Collegia

Postby Marcus Aurelius Seianus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:38 pm

With the coming elections for our collegia, I see a time where all may contribute, and all will benefit. We can work hard and make this collegia a repository of boundless information, we can organize events for real world activities, we can have the free exchange of ideas, and debate the mysteries left to us by our forefathers. This collegia is more than just the military aspect, its about the bond they shared, the adversaries, the stories they told, the journeys they made, its a story of Rome herself.

I encourage all members to join me in reshaping our collegia, let us all work as one, to create a collegia worthy of the Legions.
Marcus Aurelius Seianus

Ordo Equester
Legatus Legio X Cohor III
Praefectus Legionus
Marcus Aurelius Seianus
Governor of Eria
Governor of Eria

Re: The Collegia

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:27 pm

Which of the collegia, Seiane? If we are re-shaping all collegia for our legions-how will this work? If it is just this collegium, I encourage you to focus on both the literary and reenactment aspects. Not just one or the other. Friendly advice. (:

C Cassia Longina
Gaia Cassia Longina

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Gaia Cassia Longina wrote:Which of the collegia, Seiane? If we are re-shaping all collegia for our legions-how will this work? If it is just this collegium, I encourage you to focus on both the literary and reenactment aspects. Not just one or the other. Friendly advice. (:

C Cassia Longina

I think he meant Collegium, Cassia.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:42 am

Curio Sal.

Gaia Cassia Longina wrote:Which of the collegia, Seiane? If we are re-shaping all collegia for our legions-how will this work? If it is just this collegium, I encourage you to focus on both the literary and reenactment aspects. Not just one or the other. Friendly advice. (:

C Cassia Longina

As stated by Propraetor Victor recently, I believe it was merely a Latin error. I know I have made the same error myself at times. And in his previous message he directly states that one of his goals would be to make this collegium a 'repository of boundless information'. That in and of itself speaks to a wanting to focus on the literary aspects as well as the physical real life aspects of this collegium. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

Vale Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Censor
Censor
Proconsul
Proconsul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Augur