CONVOCATION: Elections

This collegium provides discussion, lessons, and research for those interested in the cultural language of Rome. | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... 4%ABnae/47

Moderators: Gaius Valerius Scipio, Octavius Aurelius Augustus, Titus Aurelius Apollinaris, Lucia Horatia Adamas, Lucius Livius Seneca

CONVOCATION: Elections

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:27 pm

L. Livius mag. omnibus sociis s.p.d.

According to our Regula, §VIII, the terms of office of the current magistri (myself, and Lucia Horatia Adamas) are set to expire in five days, on the Ides of October (Oct. 15, the dies natalis Maroneus). As such, we must elect new magistri for the 2017-2018 year, and so, I am requesting nominations for candidates to be announced here by the end of pr. Id. Oct. (Oct. 14).

Our college has had a good preliminary year, I feel, having updated and translated our bylaws, initiated some small initiatives (e.g., the verbum hebdomadale), and is now receiving the attention and recognition from our fellow Romans (e.g., the Aurelii). I hope that next year's magistri can continue to build on our modest, but steady progress as a community within the Res Publica.

Valete.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Re: CONVOCATION: Elections

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 pm

L. Livius omnibus sociis s.p.d.

As of yesterday, the magisterial terms of myself and L. Horatia Adamas have expired. Much to my dismay, no one has stepped forward to offer their service in this capacity, thereby precluding the possibility of elections. I find this especially disappointing given the strong democratic and populist sentiments which were insisted upon during the drafting of our bylaws.

As such, I will be notifying the curule aediles of our failure at self-governance, and leave it to them whether or not they will exercise the powers assigned to them by §IV of the Lex Curiatorum de collegiis.

In the meantime, any voting member of the College is welcome to make another attempt at holding elections, per §VIII.B of our collegiate Regula. Unless there are any objections on the part of the socii, however, I feel this concludes this convocation of the Collegium Latinum.

Valete.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Lucia Horatia Adamas » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:14 am

L. Horatia Adamas L. Livio Senecæ omnibusque S.P.D.

Sorry I missed your earlier announcement of this; been extremely tied up lately. I am perfectly willing to serve another term, and I suspect that my colleague would be willing as well. IIRC, there is no provision against consecutive terms.

Si placeat, fiat.

Vale, et valete!
Lucia Horatia Adamas

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:34 pm

L. Livius Horatiae Adamanti sociisque s.p.d.

I had rather hoped that others might have stepped forward to have a try at the magisterial office, so as to get more blood circulating around here, but, as you have said, consecutive terms are entirely legitimate. In the absence of any others, I would be willing to serve alongside you once again. I will summon the College for another try at elections.

Vale et valete.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Return to Collegium Latinum