Translation of the Declaration to Latin

This collegium provides discussion, lessons, and research for those interested in the cultural language of Rome. | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... 4%ABnae/47

Moderators: Marca Marcia, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Paullus Aemilius Gallus, Aula Flavia Philippa, Lucia Horatia Adamas

Translation of the Declaration to Latin

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:06 am

Salvete omnes!

I come before the Collegium Latinae with a request of translation in the name of the Republic. I will offer 60 Denarii to the Collegium for the completion of an accurate translation of our Declaration into latin. This quantity can then be used to pay the translator/increase the Collegium's treasury in whatever way is agreed upon between the translator and the Collegium.

Given the great knowledge in latin of your members, I am eager to see what you can do!

Valete,
C. Aurelius Victor
Praetor Urbanus
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Re: Translation of the Declaration to Latin

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:06 am

Salvete,

I second Victor's words. I have been meaning to do this myself, but I cannot find time with the workload I have this year! So I encourage other members to try out your Latin!
Gaia Cassia Longina

Re: Translation of the Declaration to Latin

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

L. Livius C. Longinae, mag. max. s.p.d.

Having already spoken to Gaius Victor about a Latin version of the Declaration, I am hoping to make an attempt at this in the near future. It is imperative that the foundational document of the Res Publica exist in her own lingua propria!

Valete!
Lucius Livius Seneca

Return to Collegium Latinum