[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4855: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4857: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4858: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4859: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Roman Republic: Res publica Romana • View topic - MAGISTRI: Please post your first lesson/topic

MAGISTRI: Please post your first lesson/topic

This collegium provides discussion, lessons, and research for those interested in the cultural language of Rome. | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... 4%ABnae/47

Moderators: Marca Marcia, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Paullus Aemilius Gallus, Aula Flavia Philippa, Lucia Horatia Adamas

MAGISTRI: Please post your first lesson/topic

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:29 am

Salvete omnes.

As requested your first topics from the newly elected magistri are coming soon

Gratias vobis ago
C Cassia Longina
-Magistra Maxima-
Gaia Cassia Longina

Re: MAGISTRI: Please post your first lesson/topic

Postby Lucia Horatia Adamas » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:43 pm

L. Horatia Adamas C. Cassiæ Longinæ omnibusque S.P.D.

Being rather new here, I was unaware that we were supposed to post to the list, and so soon, much less create lessons. I am neither young nor entirely well, and in spite of that, must shovel the snow almost daily--something I doubt happens in Italy or Kenya or many other places. My area is snowy, and today I had to shovel although the wind chill was about minus 30 C. My toes have not yet recovered. I am also in examination protocol with one of my classes, for it is running late, and must correct the examination (not all parts of which have been submitted) before I can begin the second semester course. First things first...

Will try to cobble something together.

Please remember that I cannot reply via the private message system; some cyber issue permits only drafts or previews, not sending of messages. It would have been much better to deal with this privately, sed mittere mihi quidem vetitum'st; deus cyberneticus vetat.

Is there someplace where officers can discuss things privately? Elsewhere there are separate mailing lists for officers.

Vale(te)!
Lucia Horatia Adamas

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:38 am

Salve!

Yes, feel free to email me at e.cassia.longinus@gmail.com. (: And no rush, magistri only need to post 1 item per month - but I am sure we can work something out!
Gaia Cassia Longina

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:09 am

If I may suggest, you COULD make a private yahoo mailing list Cassia. Since Adamas is not well aquainted with Facebook.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucia Horatia Adamas » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:41 am

L. Horatia Adamas C. Cassiæ Longinæ C. Aurelio Victori omnibusque S.P.D.

Victor amice, I am not only 'not well acquainted with Facebook,' but utterly unfamiliar with it. I do not participate in social media, except for one where I have a very minimal presence. Facebook and Twitter might as well be in Ferengi. Yahoo lists are nice, and they restrict their messages to subscribers…also a good thing. I am accustomed to having a separate list for magistrates of cultural groups, which makes things efficient.

Add that I am not very familiar with this forum system in any case...

Longina, thanks for the information. Glad to learn that I don't have to post immediately, but the grammar of your e-mail address is making my head spin… ;-)))

In a group with which I am more familiar, magistri moderate the list and make announcements, etc., but there is no requirement to post at any given interval. When something useful appears, we post it; when the spirit moves us, we provide instruction. Today (well, yesterday by now) in the Grex it was reported that Radio Bremen, which had weekly news broadcasts in Latin, as does YLE in Finland, was discontinuing the weekly ones and moving to a monthly version, an action deplored by the sodales Gregis. Those of us who can should access these useful programs, at least occasionally.

Last I checked it was 9 degrees F, and I have to go back out and shovel a bit more…the next round may appear at any moment. Suspirium duco...

Valete!
Lucia Horatia Adamas

Return to Collegium Latinum