Saturnalia writing competition and forgiveness

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Saturnalia writing competition and forgiveness

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Salve once more.

I must ask the Republic's forgiveness in my laxity for not advertising the writing competition for the 7th enough, it seems that due to my own negligence and work schedule that I was unable to properly bring this to the forefront of people's attention. I have burnt multiple stalks of incense to Jupiter and Jove for not being able to properly honour them.

In lieu of this I would still like to have a writing competition take place this year and thus have decided to have another one this year, due on....

Saturnalia!!

This will give everyone enough time to suitably write something be it a page or several that is up to you. You have free reign to write about anything you want since it will be Saturnalia. So long as it is something that brings you joy.

It will be my mission to annoy all of you endlessly with messages on the forums, reminding you all on facebook and on messenger chats....so be prepared everyone ;)

Submission:
You will be able to submit from the 17th to the 23rd of December 2017.

Email:
Please email to valeriusgaiusscipio@gmail.com

Prizes:

Will be the same as last time. (If Brutus is still willing to donate the 80 denarii from the previous challenge).
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Re: Saturnalia writing competition and forgiveness

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Also I would like to make it known that I will also be accepting stories from other languages so as not to make others feel left out. Though I would appreciate it if someone who could speak Russian would be willing to lend a hand if we were to get any stories in Russian and judging which one should get the prize money.
Gratias.
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Здравствуй Сципион. Я рада, что у тех, кто говорит по-русски и не знает английского, наконец-то появилась возможность принять участие в этом конкурсе. Аула Флавия Филиппа из Сарматии хорошо разбирается в литературе, я поговорю с ней об этом, и думаю, что она не откажется и поможет вам в проведении конкурса при работе с творчеством на русском языке.
Tiberia Salvia Alba

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:24 pm

Спасибо, Сальвия. Я очень ценю вашу помощь, и я надеюсь, что граждане Сарматии не чувствуют, что в любом случае их исключают.
Давайте сделаем это соревнование, чтобы помнить. Я также хотел бы рекламировать это соревнование на суб-форуме Sarmatia. Убедитесь, что он доступен всем, желаете ли вы его перевести?
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Aula Flavia Philippa » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Hello everyone, Salvia Alba asked me to let you know about me. If no one is against, I would like to assist in the evaluation of Russian-language works. I have experience working in such kinds of events, so I will hope my knowledge will be useful to you. So just tell me what I need to do and when. :D
I know little English, however, Google translator multiple increases my ability. 8-)
Aula Flavia Philippa

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:33 pm

"Я также хотел бы рекламировать это соревнование на суб-форуме Sarmatia." - да, конечно, вы можете это сделать. Сегодня на собрании нашего клуба, я дополнительно объявлю о проведении литературного конкурса.
"желаете ли вы его перевести?" - простите, но я не поняла, что именно вы имели в виду? Что именно нужно перевести? Языковой барьер вновь проявился)))
Tiberia Salvia Alba

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:59 pm

I would just like to add, the prizes will be 80 denarii for the first prize.

40 for second prize

and 20 denarii for the third and final place.

If there is only one entry then the 80 denarii will go to that citizen.
Gaius Valerius Scipio
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Return to Main Forum