Gods In Form and Labor

This message board is dedicated to the ancient Roman Religion, the Cultus Deorum Romanorum. Here both historical practices and the living modern tradition is to be celebrated and discussed. The members of the Collegium Pontiificum and Collegium Augurum host this board as moderators and are happy to answer questions.

Gods In Form and Labor

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:52 pm

While I am not a student of the Gods of Rome and Greece, from the comments of others would have to comment thusly:

In my recent short discussion about the River God of the Danube. I could not believe that any God in control of a subject like the Danube River could ever be "at rest." In the Spring and Fall the rains and flooding would certainly have his attention, and the breaking of the ice in Spring with its devastation along the banks must certainly have had his consideration! The winter ice and the living things in the river must have also been items of his concern. Then the consistant flow of water from mountains to the Black Sea would have been a gigantic task to manage and maintain. I would imagine that such a God would be very busy!!

Consider also the Goddess Athena who, according to myth and legend, not only took time to help individuals, but reigned over and managed humans all over the known world in her wide set of responsibilities. I submit to you that Gods, as portrayed in the ancient world, were very busy at all times!
Marcus Minucius Audens

Return to Cultus Deorum Romanorum