A warning from the Gods? An offical petition to the augures

This message board is dedicated to the ancient Roman Religion, the Cultus Deorum Romanorum. Here both historical practices and the living modern tradition is to be celebrated and discussed. The members of the Collegium Pontiificum and Collegium Augurum host this board as moderators and are happy to answer questions.

A warning from the Gods? An offical petition to the augures

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:26 am

SALVETE!

Citizens and fellow cultores, the Eternal City has been struck by multiple earthquakes and today TWO twisters have killed people in Rome. Our ancestors viewed such calamities as divine portents.

https://weather.com/news/news/tornado-i ... spoli-rome

As quaestor of the respublica I believe these natural disasters could be a portent from the Gods. Custom dictates that such concerns must be reported to the augures! Please consider this my official request that this matter be explored by the augures! I believe expiations might be required and the will of the Gods should be deduced with haste!

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Senator
Senator

Re: A warning from the Gods? An offical petition to the augures

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:53 am

Salve Camille,

I thought the same thing and have contacted Augur Brutus on the matter. I await his word on it. I have also contacted Augur Quadratus after the second earthquake but havent gotten an answer yet unfortunetly. As soon as I receive an answer I will inform you (if they dont answer here themselves of course).

Vale
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Gaius Claudius Quadratus » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:31 am

Salvete!

On an earlier occasion, I was asked about the possible significance of an earthquake near Rome. My reply was to the effect that such events happened regularly and did not necessarily signify divine displeasure. So now we have been through more earthquakes and even a tornado. I am now convinced we are receiving messages. I will pray for understanding.

Valete!
Quadratus, Augur
Gaius Claudius Quadratus
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:42 am

Gaius Claudius Quadratus wrote:Salvete!

On an earlier occasion, I was asked about the possible significance of an earthquake near Rome. My reply was to the effect that such events happened regularly and did not necessarily signify divine displeasure. So now we have been through more earthquakes and even a tornado. I am now convinced we are receiving messages. I will pray for understanding.

Valete!
Quadratus, Augur

Salve Quadrate!

Thank you amice. May the gods give you inspiration on this regard.

Vale
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:13 am

SALVETE!

I have a strong personal feeling that the Gods are warning us and the world. For those of the restorationist community I think this warning takes on a personalized note. I think the Gods are not impressed by the lack of goodfaith shown by our colleagues representing other organizations. I have heard of positive portents occurring this past March when this respublica was founded. I think it is foolhardy to not believe that the Gods watch and care about the events and choices of our community. Similarly, I believe the Gods take note of others who stand opposed to unity and cooperation within our spiritual nation.

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:36 pm

Salvete!

Could it be that the gods are not pleased with the foundation of our Republic?

On the other hand, it looks as if Italy is the target of the wrath of the gods. Maybe the gods do not approve the current politics of the Repubblica Italiana or the municipal government of Rome.
I can think of two occasions where the gods have seriously been offended by the Italian government:

1. During the visit of the Iranian President Rouhani in January this year statues of the gods in the Capitoline museum have been defiled by covering them up by order of the Italian government.
28Rouhani-web2-master675.jpg
28Rouhani-web2-master675.jpg (16.89 KiB) Viewed 6602 times

2. On October 21 hundreds of Mohammedan atheists publicly insulted the gods in front of the Colosseum by shouting that they were not worthy of worship.
2rzxrih.jpg
2rzxrih.jpg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 6602 times

It seems like the Pax Deorum has been broken.
I am seriously concerned.
The augurs should investigate the issues!
If necessary we have to make a formal complaint to the Italian government that their policy seriously offends our religion and the traditions of Rome.

Valete!
C. Florius Lupus
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Salvete omnes,

As an Italian, procurator Italiae, and as a citizen of the Republic - I am deeply concerned. I am concerned for the well-being of not only our citizens, but the citizens of Italy and everyone living or traveling in Italy.
I am so very thankful for the ancestors' and gods' protection of my friends and myself (and our families and homes), as we all remained unharmed throughout these events. It has been a troubling past few weeks.

I have asked for any answers - from both the gods and my ancestors - but this led nowhere and I am still unable to find an answer. Earthquakes are common in Italy and these were the aftershocks we felt in Rome - but a tornado was certainly a surprise!

The Italian government indeed, as Lupus points out, has given little care to the monuments - even Pompeii is falling apart! Many statues were covered in the Vatican due to a visit by a president (or as a news journal put it: "Rome spares Iranian president's blushes by covering nude statues") - but many of these were religious statues. While I respect all religions, I feel like this could offend the gods. Many people carve their names into sites (the Colosseum, Forum, Pompeii, "Heracles Temple," etc.), now, whether or not that is blatant, stupid disregard for the importance of these sites, it is extremely disrespectful and offensive - not only to the gods, but to our ancestors, and current Romans as well. Anyway, before I digress - I hope nothing more happens - but all we can do is pray to the gods, find out what is the matter, and hope that no more disasters happen. Unfortunately, the Roman/Italian government cannot do anything really. You can email them, but they will not even read the email - I have tried. Many times. They have not even responded to my inquiry about the Republic's involvement in Rome's birthday celebration!

I hope we soon find out what the matter is!
C Cassia Longina
Gaia Cassia Longina

Postby Lucius Metilius Niger » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Quintus Furius Camillus wrote:SALVETE!

I have a strong personal feeling that the Gods are warning us and the world. For those of the restorationist community I think this warning takes on a personalized note. I think the Gods are not impressed by the lack of goodfaith shown by our colleagues representing other organizations. I have heard of positive portents occurring this past March when this respublica was founded. I think it is foolhardy to not believe that the Gods watch and care about the events and choices of our community. Similarly, I believe the Gods take note of others who stand opposed to unity and cooperation within our spiritual nation.

VALETE!

SUPERSTITIO
:shock:
Lucius Metilius Niger

Postby Lucius Metilius Niger » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Personaly I'm little bit Augur, and I don't think recent heartquakes in Italy are Note or warning by the gods against roman community.
Lucius Metilius Niger

Return to Cultus Deorum Romanorum