Request for Applicants for Provisional Augures

This message board is dedicated to the ancient Roman Religion, the Cultus Deorum Romanorum. Here both historical practices and the living modern tradition is to be celebrated and discussed. The members of the Collegium Pontiificum and Collegium Augurum host this board as moderators and are happy to answer questions.

Request for Applicants for Provisional Augures

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:50 am

Brutus Augur sal.

Currently I hold a provisional position as an Augur within our Roman community.

I am hoping to further develop the practice of augury for the Sacra Publica. Within the restorationist community a detailed review of the evidence of this practice has not been performed of disseminated. I hope to change this. Over the past 18 months I have scoured multiple university libraries and databases of online academic journals and have compiled a fairly comprehensive collection of the evidence. I have further elaborated upon these practices by reviewing both Greek and Etruscan evidence where Roman sources are lacking.

Today we are looking to expand the number Augurs within our community. Therefore, if you feel called towards this tradition I encourage you to contact me and consider applying here http://romanrepublic.org/wip/CDRapplication.html.

Training can be provided. An ability to confidently review academic literature to further develop practices is also encouraged. Lastly, applicants should have the time to devote to the study and practice of augury. I would account for a minimum of 3-4 hours a month.

I'm happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Return to Cultus Deorum Romanorum