How to become Mercurii Sacerdote ?

This message board is dedicated to the ancient Roman Religion, the Cultus Deorum Romanorum. Here both historical practices and the living modern tradition is to be celebrated and discussed. The members of the Collegium Pontiificum and Collegium Augurum host this board as moderators and are happy to answer questions.

How to become Mercurii Sacerdote ?

Postby Lucius Metilius Niger » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Hello The Republic,

How to become Sacerdos in the RR ? I have a special and privileged relationship with the divinity of Mercury, and especially the Mercury of Gaul, that of the arverns.
How to become sacerdos of Mercury ?

Salvete
Lucius Metilius Niger

Re: How to become Mercurii Sacerdote ?

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Here you go amice:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=302

I am honored that you have interest in representing our community upon Mercurius!
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Lucius Metilius Niger » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:05 pm

OK thanks.

according to the fact I've already asked for Quaestura in last october (refused), and for Procuratia of Gauls (no response yet), I'll wait a little for ask an another title ...
magistratura titles who personaly I don't know really what correspond in real, frankly.
Lucius Metilius Niger

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Lucius Metilius Niger wrote:OK thanks.

according to the fact I've already asked for Quaestura in last october (refused), and for Procuratia of Gauls (no response yet), I'll wait a little for ask an another title ...
magistratura titles who personaly I don't know really what correspond in real, frankly.

Didnt you receive the Lex governing the Quaestura? It explains its functions. And there is no shame in losing an election. Even Ti. Maecenas lost some and he is a proeminent and respected member.

And as I explained to you before amice, the Procuratura request wilː be analysed when the Senate meets. Just be patient. :)
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Lucius Metilius Niger » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Sorry, this is not quite a problem of patience, in itself,
I would just like to know what these titles are.
concretely.
with all my friendships.
Lucius Metilius Niger

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Lucius Metilius Niger wrote:Sorry, this is not quite a problem of patience, in itself,
I would just like to know what these titles are.
concretely.
with all my friendships.

And it was explained to you (many times actually). You still dont understand? Maybe it is a language barrier?
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:11 am

Ave!

Provinces = regional chapter of the non-profit corporation (Republic). Here are the ones in existence - http://romanrepublic.org/wip/provinces.html

Within a region (province) a local administration promotes the Republic and organizes local cultural activities. Eg. OFFLINE things.

A procurator is chief administrator of these local chapters. Every province ideally has one procurator.

Procurators are selected by the senate. http://romanrepublic.org/wip/senators.html

The senate is made up of people who held leading elected positions in the Republic. The senate must meet for you to be appointed. The senate is not meting right now. So you must wait for your application to be reviewed to determine if the senate thinks you are capable of running a regional chapter (province).
Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas

Postby Lucius Metilius Niger » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:57 pm

The senate is made up of people who held leading elected positions in the Republic. The senate must meet for you to be appointed. The senate is not meting right now. So you must wait for your application to be reviewed to determine if the senate thinks you are capable of running a regional chapter (province).
Thanks Maecenas.
In any case, I will continue to make the community of Roman Cultores in France grow, with or without the consent of your Senate, with all my respect.
But I will await your decision with great interest of course.
Lucius Metilius Niger

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Lucius Metilius Niger wrote:In any case, I will continue to make the community of Roman Cultores in France grow, with or without the consent of your Senate, with all my respect.

Certainly. Anything made you think Maecenas said otherwise? He's just saying the Senate must approve for you to represent the Republic abroad. What you do as a privat citizen (or as a member of other organizations) has nothing to do with it. But if you are doing a good job already in growing your local community, I doubt the Senate would say no to you representing our group as well :)
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:49 am

Lucius Metilius Niger wrote:
Thanks Maecenas.
In any case, I will continue to make the community of Roman Cultores in France grow, with or without the consent of your Senate, with all my respect.
But I will await your decision with great interest of course.

You can do whatever you wish as a private citizen. You could declare yourself the leader of the cult of the spaghetti monster for all I care.

Senate recognition as a Sacerdos means the administration of the Roman Republic spiritual community recognizes you as a "go to person" for a particular cult. In return you are to attend to the public interests of the greater Roman community. That's the arrangement.

Not being a sacerdos does not bar you from doing anything on a private basis.
Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas

Next

Return to Cultus Deorum Romanorum