Roman Temples

This message board is dedicated to the ancient Roman Religion, the Cultus Deorum Romanorum. Here both historical practices and the living modern tradition is to be celebrated and discussed. The members of the Collegium Pontiificum and Collegium Augurum host this board as moderators and are happy to answer questions.

Roman Temples

Postby Numerius Antonius Paullus » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:32 am

Salve!

A subject that I have found constantly interesting is the subject of Roman Temples and sacred space. I know that the books that are being suggested by the leaders of our spiritual leaders have some information, I would like to open a dialogue within our community about Temples and sacred spaces. I can't help but find the architecture fascinating as well. Let us discuss this item as a people!

Vale!

N. Antonius Paullus
Numerius Antonius Paullus

Re: Roman Temples

Postby Lucius Metilius Niger » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 pm

very interesting subject !
L.Mercurius Nigra
Lucius Metilius Niger

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:36 pm

Salvete amici!

As you might know Roma Aeterna is planning to build a modern temple, an idea I like very much.
Unfortunately it appears that the temple will be built in the US, which means most likely that only the local commnity will benefit from it. Perhaps we should aim for a similar project, but ours should be in Rome or another historical site (e.g. Pompeii).
I think our Republic has the better chances to succeed, if we are really committed. However we have to expand our base in Italy and our cooperation with the CPR.
But at least we could start the project within our Republic. What do you think about it? Or would you prefer simply to support Roma Aeterna's effort?

Valete!
C. Florius Lupus
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:37 pm

Brutus sal.

A temple is in our intermediate future.

Step one is aquiring funds, and a strong-growing CDR first and foremost.

Here at the RR we are rapidly establishing funds at a increasing rate. The CDR is also growing and publications are being written at the moment that shall assist in growing a strong and identifiable Roman tradition.

I also think private temples are noteworthy. I hope to build a temple with my own funds in the next few years. I have privately provided financial support to the temple now built in Sarmatia and hope to translate their good work to other locations. This is the type of collaboration we should seek.

It is not a matter of will the RR and its citizens build temples. It is a matter of when.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Return to Cultus Deorum Romanorum