CONCILIUM PLEBIS SESSION V CALLED TO ORDER - AUG 31ST to SEPT 17TH

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Re: CONCILIUM PLEBIS SESSION V CALLED TO ORDER - AUG 31ST to SEPT 17TH

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 am

Salve Omnes

As the current Consul Minor and previous Plebeian Aedile, I would like to put forth my endorsement for Ti. Hyacinthus as well. I've known him a decent amount of time, and can with great confidence and pride say that he is a man of honor and virtue, and one who will take this office most seriously moving forward.

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Salvete Omnes,

Because of the delayed opening, Sunday Sept 10, 2017 is the last call for anyone wishing to come forward to run for Plebeian Aedile before ballots will be sent.

Valete
P. Sextius Laevus
Tribunus Plebis Minor
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Sextus Decius Mus » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:40 pm

After much thought I have decided to put my name forward for aedile.

I have three goals.

I. To improve the web page for the ludi.
II. To develop our market. I think this must be done by involving the senate as much as possible.
III. To improve the collegia system. Unlike the last attempt I intend to form a committee of collegia leaders in order to solicit their input before implementing reforms.

If you find it agreeable I would be honored to have your vote.
Sextus Decius Mus

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Sextus Decius Mus wrote:III. To improve the collegia system. Unlike the last attempt I intend to form a committee of collegia leaders in order to solicit their input before implementing reforms.

This would be a great improvement from how this matter has been previously dealt with. What are your preliminary thoughts on this subject?
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Re: CONCILIUM PLEBIS SESSION V CALLED TO ORDER - SEPT 4th to SEPT 30TH

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:20 pm

Civitates Plebes

The candidacy declaration period is now closed.

We have two candidates who have come forward for PLEBEIAN AEDILE:
Tiberius Ovidius Hyacinthus and
Sextus Decius Mus.

In honor of the Mos Maiorum, this Concilium Plebis will be suspended during the Idus holiday, Sept 12th through Sept 15th.

It will recommence Sept 16th for two days of candidate presentation, debate, etc.

Ballots will be sent on Sept 19th.
Voting will close on Sept 29th.

P. Sextius Laevus
Tribunus Plebis Minor
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Manius Ovidius Hyacinthus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:52 pm

I feel it appropriate to make the notification in this thread that my name has been changed from Tiberius Ovidius Hyacinthus to Manius Ovidius Hyacinthus.
| Scriba Procuratorius Novae Sveciae, effective July 19th, 2017 | Aedilis Plebis, effective October 9th, 2017 |
Manius Ovidius Hyacinthus
Plebeian Aedile
Plebeian Aedile

Postby Manius Ovidius Hyacinthus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 pm

My fellow runner, Sextus Decius Mus, seems to be coming into this election with a vision and a plan to realize it. For this, I find him to be a compelling and meritorious candidate for the office of aedilis plebis. I would love to hear more about his ideas for the Republic. I only wish I could say I have a plan of action in mind as well, however should I be elected Plebeian Aedile, it would not only be a proving grounds of sorts to demonstrate my worthiness as a public servant, but it would also be an experience in which I familiarize myself more with the internal workings of the Republic. For this reason, I cannot say I come to the table with a plan as my fellow candidate is, as much as I would like to be able to.

In the event that I am elected aedilis plebis despite this, I fully intend to speak with Sextus Decius Mus in order to understand his vision for the Republic and the changes he wishes to implement. I will discuss these ideas with my fellow aediles, and if we find them to be worth putting into action, and if we have the power to do so, I will devote my effort to realizing these ideas alongside my colleagues, and alongside Decius as my scriba should he accept the position. I do not see this election as a contest to win, and I do not see Decius as my rival or competitor. I see him as a fellow Roman with an admirable, proactive spirit, willing to put his name forward for public office and see his vision made real. I wish for him to have the opportunity to have his ideas heard, and put into action if they bear merit. And so in the event that I emerge from this election as aedilis plebis, I intend to speak with both him and my fellow aediles about his ideas, get a measure of the merit they may have, and act toward them if they are worthy of doing so. Preferably with his guidance as my scriba, if he is willing to accept the position.

I encourage my fellow Romans to speak their minds and vote without bias. I want to hear more specific details about Decius' ideas before committing to voting for him, however as it stands I do lean towards that decision.

Gloria Res Publica Romana!
| Scriba Procuratorius Novae Sveciae, effective July 19th, 2017 | Aedilis Plebis, effective October 9th, 2017 |
Manius Ovidius Hyacinthus
Plebeian Aedile
Plebeian Aedile

Postby Sextus Decius Mus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:41 am

Gaius Curtius Philo wrote:
Sextus Decius Mus wrote:III. To improve the collegia system. Unlike the last attempt I intend to form a committee of collegia leaders in order to solicit their input before implementing reforms.

This would be a great improvement from how this matter has been previously dealt with. What are your preliminary thoughts on this subject?

Simple.

I would create levels of collegia. An introductory level would be as collegia exist now. But without a forum. An intermediate level would include a forum and maybe other incentives. An advanced level would include direct representation within the cohors of the aediles and maybe the senate.

These levels would promote reciprocity. Collegia need to provide somthing of value. If they do, they are provided more resources from the RR. If a collegia wanted to move up the levels they would need to recruit members, increase activity, pay a denarii collegia tax, develop a website and increase activity on Facebook and social media.

The details of how this works would be hashed out during the round table meeting between collegia and the aediles.

I would be also open to other idea from the collegia regarding reform. The RR and collegia prosper or struggle together. So we all must come to a consensus on reform.
Sextus Decius Mus

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:03 pm

SALVETE CIVES REI PVBLICAE ROMANAE

We have two excellent candidates for Plebeian Aedile to choose from to complete the present term. I thank them both for stepping forward to offer their services to the Republic.

The ballots for the Election of Plebeian Aedile have been sent. The voting period is between September 19 and September 29, 2017.

Please perform your Plebeian duty by casting your vote.

Valete
Publius Sextius Laevus
Tribunus Plebis Minor
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Tiberius Iulius Nerva » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:43 am

Salvete omnes!

Where is the ballot please? I did not get anything. AGAIN !!!
Tiberius Iulius Nerva

PreviousNext

Return to Main Forum