SENATE SESSION IX: Call to Order

This message board is dedicated to the ancient Roman Religion, the Cultus Deorum Romanorum. Here both historical practices and the living modern tradition is to be celebrated and discussed. The members of the Collegium Pontiificum and Collegium Augurum host this board as moderators and are happy to answer questions.

SENATE SESSION IX: Call to Order

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:51 pm

Ti. Salvia Alba inl. pr. per. omnibus senatoribus magistratibusque s.p.d.

In accordance with Section III.a.ii of the Lex Curiatorum: On the protocol for meetings of the Senate, I am calling the Roman Senate to meet in the Curia. Subject to favourable auspices, debate is to begin a.d. IV Non. Sext. (2 Aug.) and to conclude no later than a.d. V Idus Sext. (9 Aug.). Voting will conclude no later than the a.d. 17 Kal. Sext. (16 Aug).

I am bringing forward the following items for the consideration of the Conscript Fathers:

Consideration of reports of governors of provinces, prolongation of terms of acting governors, consideration of applications of acting governors;
Registration of a temporary account (banking) to ensure the necessary operations (transactions), public activities of the organs of the Republic of Rome;
Confirmation of the appropriation of Titus Flavius Severus of the agnomen "Magnus";
The Law on the Children of the Citizens of the Roman Republic;
Coin production;
Introduction of the office of second Aranearius and the consideration of a lex on Araneariuses;
Allocation of funds for the translation into Russian of the site and legal acts of the Roman Republic.

Other magistrates and senators are invited to propose additional items to me before a.d. IV Non. Sext. (2 Aug.), subject to Section III.c.ii.4.b of the aforementioned Lex Curiatorum..

Valete!
Tiberia Salvia Alba
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Re: SENATE SESSION IX: Call to Order

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:15 pm

T. Fl. Severus Augur sal.

Auspices were performed at 11:00 am Moscow time.

I have not witnessed Ex Caelo.
I have witnessed Ex Auibus.
Alites seen from the southeast. Alites seen in the form of turdus philomelos which landed in the southeast of the auguraculum.
Oscines heard from the south.
I witnessed no Ex Diris.

Divine messengers for you and for Rome, established by this ordinance reported by Augur T. Fl. Severus to Praetor per. T. Salvia Alba who took these auspices.

AVES ADMITTVNT for opening a meeting of the Senate on this day of IV Non. Sext. (2 Aug.) T. Flavio (II) P. Iunio (II) cos. MMDCCLXXI a.u.c.
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Sarmatia Magna
Sarmatia Magna
Cultus Mithrae
Cultus Mithrae
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:04 pm

Severus Con. sal.,

As Consul of Roman Republic, I am bringing forward the following items for the consideration of the Conscript Fathers:

I. Lex on the Transfer of Census as of 01 September 2018
II. Lex on the admission of candidates to participate in the election of magistrates in 2018
III. Lex on the transfer of lustration
IV. Discussion of the situation in the Republic and ways to solve problems
V. Discussion of the further development of the Cult of the Roman Gods in the Roman Republic

Valete,
T. Fl. Severus
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Sarmatia Magna
Sarmatia Magna
Cultus Mithrae
Cultus Mithrae
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:47 pm

As the presiding magistrate, I extend this session of the Senate: the debate is extended to a.d. 13 Kal. Sext. (20 Aug), voting is extended to a.d. 13 Kal. Sext. (28 Aug).
Tiberia Salvia Alba
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Ti. Salvia Alba Sal.

I performed the following rite on behalf of the opening of the Senate Session.

Valete bene!

Purificatio

(head covered: capite velato)
(wash hands in water)

Allow this unspoiled and humble water to rinse away my impurities. I perform this act in preparation to come before you, the mighty known and unknown divinities, I desire to be pure and to be pleasing. May this simple water, the lifeblood of all mortal things, remove any contamination from my body. May it symbolically cleanse my heart and mind and remind me of the virtues as I come before you. From this act, I hope that my presence is pleasing and non-offensive to you. Allow me to be worthy to offer you my praise and invoke your generous benevolence. May you make it so.

(dry hands)

Praefatio

Oh Mother Vesta, you have protected the Roman people for generations. Protect us the descendants of the Roman people of old. Fill our hearts with warmth and with your favor. As you unify the Roman family, unify the extended family of Roman people from around the world. Fill our intentions with warmth and light. In establishing a strong and prosperous Res publica, may others be inspired to raise alters in your name and invite you into their homes. Allow this task to spark a renewed passion within men and women for you and the Gods and Goddess of Rome. May you, mother Vesta, grant us your aid in all our daily tasks, favor us and keep our families and us from harm.

Oh, Father Ianus, the two-headed opener of all things. Great father of all beginnings and endings, the holder of all the keys to all the gateways, I pray and beseech you, aid the refounded Roman Republic. Look kindly upon the beginning of a new session of the Senate which meets today to set the course of our cultural nation. Provide the Senate and magistrates with a strong and inspired gathering. In this task may we have your support. May you provide us with a steadfast resolution to complete this task to success. Assist us in making this task pleasing to you. Allow our work to inspire others towards the Gods and Goddesses. May your benevolence in opening this doorway and making available this opportunity facilitate communication with the Gods and Goddesses and the propagation of cultural Romanitas worldwide. May this work assist others to recognize and offer praise to you and the divinities. Ianus may you favor our work and offer this community kind aid in all our daily affairs. For this petition may you accept this offering of the fragrant smoke of frankincense which I now burn before you. Upon your will make it so.

(offer frankincense)

Oh, Vesta, for the petition asked, accept this offering of the fragrant smoke of frankincense which I now burn before you. Upon your will make it so.

(offer frankincense)

Salutatio

Iupiter Optimus Maximus, father, and guardian of mankind! If it is your will that the Roman People be united together in this Res Publica, then offer your favor. Grant the Senate and magistrates inspiration, and the correct knowledge to make enlightened decisions. Recognize our task as worthy of offering the Gods and Goddesses good praise. In creating and tending to this Res Publica, may others be inspired to raise alters in your name. Allow this task to be a spark that ignites a renewed passion within other men and women for the gods and goddess of Rome. May you Father Iupiter, grant the Senate and the Roman people your aid in all daily tasks, favor this community and keep our families and us from harm. Iupiter for this petition may you accept this offering of the fragrant smoke of frankincense which I now burn before you. Upon your will make it so.

(offer frankincense)

Queen Iuno, mother, and guardian of mankind! Offer the Res publica and its people your favor. Grant the Senate the inspiration, and the correct knowledge to establish a Res Publica that pleases you. In establishing a strong and prosperous Res publica, may others be inspired to raise altars in your name. Allow this small task to be a spark that ignites a renewed passion within men and women for the Gods and Goddess of Rome. May you, mother Iuno, grant me your aid in all our daily tasks, favor us and keep our families and us from harm. Iuno, for this petition, may accept this offering of the fragrant smoke of frankincense which I now burn before you. Upon your will make it so.

(offer frankincense)

Come, hear my prayer, golden-haired Minerva, and favor the task that we now embark upon. As you inspired the wise in ancient times, may you come now to the Senate with revelation. Assist the Senate in establishing a just and virtuous Res publica. Assist the efforts of the Senate and through this assembly dictate the will of the Gods and Goddesses. Let our work please you. May you provide the Roman people with the courage and steadfast resolution to complete this task with success. Allow our work to inspire others towards yourself and your divine wisdom as well as that of all the Gods and Goddesses. Allow this small task to be a spark that ignites a renewed passion within other men and women for the Gods and Goddess of Rome. Courageous and wise Minerva, grant us your aid in all our daily tasks, favor the Roman People, fill our minds with wisdom, humanity, discipline and good faith. Minerva, for this petition, may you accept this offering of the fragrant smoke of frankincense which I now burn before you. Upon your will make it so.

(offer frankincense)

Father Mars, victor and defender of the Roman people, we petition you for your assistance and favor. Protect the interests of the Res Publica and its people. Guide the Senate and enable their decisions to defend and serve you, all the Gods and the people. Mars, the father of the Roman people, defend our young Res publica. Provide us strength to stand fast and to persevere in hardship. In victory let the Roman people call upon your name in joy and thanks. Allow our work to inspire others towards your protection, and defense. May your influence inspire productive passion in the Senate and all the Roman people towards building a renewed and united Res Publica. Inspire your Roman people to stand united and strong while recognizing your role in our fortunes and strength. May you, father Mars, grant me your aid in all our daily tasks, favor us and keep us and our families from harm. Mars, great victor, for this petition, may you accept this libation of wine made before you now. Upon your will make it so.

(offer wine)

Father Quirinius, the Roman people, beseech you. Protect the interests of the Res Publica and its people as we embark towards unity. As you united the Roman people in the past, unite the Roman people of the present. Guide the Senate and enable their decisions to provide strength and unity. Inspire the Roman people towards the benefits of a strong community. Quirinius, defend our young Res publica. Provide us strength to stand fast and to persevere in hardship. May your example arouse the Senate and all the Roman people towards building a Res Publica that serves the community and honors you and the Gods. May you, father Quirinius, grant me your aid in all our daily tasks, favor us and keep our families and us from harm. Quirinius, unifier of the Roman people, for this petition, may you accept this this libation of wine made before you now. Upon your will make it so.

(offer wine)

Volturnus, guardian of pure waters. Cleanse the Roman people and the Senate. Wash away with your pure waters the discord, strife, and mistakes of the past. Allow your healing waters to fill the hearts of the Roman people with joy, and may this inspire unity and productive works. Keep the Roman People healthy and from harm, and guide the Senate towards these aims. May you, Volturnus, grant us your aid in all our daily tasks, favor us and keep our families and us from harm. Volturnus, overseer of winds and unadulterated waters, for this petition, may you accept this libation of wine made before you now. Upon your will make it so.

(offer wine)

Oh, Bringer of Peace and harmony, Concordia, we beseech you. As your Roman people gather from all corners of the world may you fill our minds with temperance and concord. Allow all Romans to recognize and value your blessings. Allow the Senate to act in your will and to facilitate the harmony you offer. Inspire all Romans towards cooperation and compromise. Favor us and facilitate the refounding of our Res publica. May your benevolence in opening this opportunity allow propagation of cultural Romanitas worldwide. May our work assist others in recognizing and offering praise to you and the divinities. Mother Concordia, may your smile upon our efforts and offer this community kind aid in all our daily affairs. For our petition may you accept this libation of wine made before you now. Upon your will make it so.

(offer wine)

It is done!

May all the Gods and Goddesses note these words spoken.

Precatio

(wash hands in pure water)

Pater Iupiter! Iupiter Opimus Maximus, savior, unconquered victor, striking, bringer of light, heavenly thunderer, of lighting, and defense! Pater Iupiter of justice, and the Roman people! I ask you to send good indications to signify your favor for the actions this Senate will resolve. Iupiter, if it is greatly pleasing to You, that we should give offerings to You, on this day, may you accordingly provide the Senate the foresight, wisdom, temperance and all the Roman virtues. Facilitate successful in all our community objectives. Oh, Pater Iupiter, father and guardian of mankind, descended from Saturnus, to You are given care over our fates; may Your will reign supreme over the growth and wise maturation of our Res Publica. For this meeting and the Senate and towards this aim, and if it pleases you accept this offering of olives which I have placed before you.

(wash hands in pure water and then placed olives on altar)

Greetings divine Victoria! Victoria guardian and lady of success, friend of the Roman people! Victoria, with venerating prayers I come before you on as we open this session of the Senate! I ask you to send good indications to signify your favor for the actions this Senate will resolve. Victoria, if it is greatly pleasing to You, that we should give offerings to You, on this day, may You accordingly provide the Senate the motivation and success to achieve triumph in all objectives upon which we embark. Victoria, mother of Triumph, to You we shall attribute all victorious deeds on this Res Publica, past and future; may Your will reign supreme over the growth and wise maturation of our Res Publica. For this meeting and the Senate and towards this aim, and if it pleases you accept this offering of olives which I have placed before you.

(wash hands in pure water and then placed olives on altar)

Immolatio

(wash hands again in pure water)

Pater Iupiter! Iupiter Opimus Maximus, savior, unconquered victor, striking, bringer of light, heavenly thunderer, of lighting, and defense! Pater Iupiter of justice, and the Roman people! (adoratio). We offer you these olives now given up to you and towards the appeal made.

[touch/burn offering of olives]

It has been done!

(wash hands again in pure water)

Greetings divine Victoria! Victoria guardian and lady of success, friend of the Roman people! (adoratio). We offer you these olives now given up to you and towards the appeal made.

[touch/burn offering of olives]

It has been done!

Piaculum

Blessed Ianus if this appeal has caused unbeknownst offense, please accept my deep regret and recall my good intentions towards you. Celestial Ianus towards this end accept this additional libation of wine which I make now before you, as a sign of my reverence and good will towards you.

(make libation)

Blessed Iupiter if this appeal and offering has caused unbeknownst offense, please accept my deep regret and recall my good intentions towards you. Celestial Iupiter towards this end accept this additional libation of wine which I make now before you, as a sign of my reverence and good will towards you.

(make libation)

Blessed Victoria if this appeal and offering has caused unbeknownst offense, please accept my deep regret and recall my good intentions towards you. Celestial Victoria towards this end accept this additional libation of wine which I make now before you, as a sign of my reverence and good will towards you.

(make libation)

Blessed Iuno if this appeal has caused unbeknownst offense, please accept my deep regret and recall my good intentions towards you. Celestial Iuno towards this end accept this additional libation of wine which I make now before you, as a sign of my reverence and good will towards you.

(make libation)

Blessed Minerva if this appeal has caused unbeknownst offense, please accept my deep regret and recall my good intentions towards you. Celestial Minerva towards this end accept this additional libation of wine which I make now before you, as a sign of my reverence and good will towards you.

(make libation)

Blessed Mars if this appeal has caused unbeknownst offense, please accept my deep regret and recall my good intentions towards you. Celestial Mars towards this end accept this additional libation of wine which I make now before you, as a sign of my reverence and good will towards you.

(make libation)

Blessed Quirinus if this appeal has caused unbeknownst offense, please accept my deep regret and recall my good intentions towards you. Celestial Quirinus towards this end accept this additional libation of wine which I make now before you, as a sign of my reverence and good will towards you.

(make libation)

Blessed Concordia if this appeal has caused unbeknownst offense, please accept my deep regret and recall my good intentions towards you. Celestial Concordia towards this end accept this additional libation of wine which I make now before you, as a sign of my reverence and good will towards you.

(make libation)

Blessed Vesta if this appeal has caused unbeknownst offense, please accept my deep regret and recall my good intentions towards you. Celestial Vesta towards this end accept this additional libation of wine which I make now before you, as a sign of my reverence and good will towards you.

(make libation)

(blow out oil lamps)

This ceremony is concluded! Senatores and magistrates, go now satisfied that these acts performed are to honor the Gods and Goddesses and preserve the pax deorum!

(wash hands again in water and dry them)
Tiberia Salvia Alba
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:54 pm

Senate session was opened.
Tiberia Salvia Alba
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:00 pm

For the sake of the common good and the welfare of the state, I, Praetor Tiberia Salvia Alba, as the presiding magistrate, extend the current session of the Senate, thus, the debate is extended to X Kal. Nov. (22.11.2018), V Kal. Nov. (27.11.2018).
Tiberia Salvia Alba
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Return to Cultus Deorum Romanorum