Imperial Cult

This message board is dedicated to the ancient Roman Religion, the Cultus Deorum Romanorum. Here both historical practices and the living modern tradition is to be celebrated and discussed. The members of the Collegium Pontiificum and Collegium Augurum host this board as moderators and are happy to answer questions.

Re: Imperial Cult

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:09 am

Salvete to all.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who worships the Deified Emperors, I worship the Genius of Gaius Julius Caesar and Germanicus, one of the most revered Romans of his generation who had "Never acted oppresively or shown jealousy, that while he had been the bravest man against the enemy, he had been the gentlest of men towards his fellow countrymen."
That and Vespasian who had brought peace to the Empire after the year of four Emperors, though I still have to build my Caesarium, I will hopefully get time to devote more time to worshiping them properly this December.
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:11 am

Curio Scipioni Sal.

I hope this finds you well, amice. I too am interested in building Caesarium, though don't have one yet. I am mostly interested in doing so though for a single Emperor, Emperor Aurelian. This is because he was a firm but fair Emperor who literally rose from the lowest ranks of society, being born the son of a tenant farmer. He did so by being a highly successful military general, eventually being given charge of all the cavalry of the Roman Empire. As Emperor he was one who reunited the Roman Empire during the Crisis of the 3rd Century, bringing it back from one of its darkest moments. He also pushed the worship of Sol Invictus, being one of the largest religious reforms. But one of the things that drew me to him the most was the fact that among both his supporters and enemies one thing stood out. He was always known as incorruptible.

A bit of a long winded explanation, I apologize.

Vale Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Censor
Censor
Proconsul
Proconsul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:19 pm

Salvete,

I cannot say that I partake in the Imperial Cult at all! But I enjoyed reading this and all the opinions and thoughts.

Not to be too long winded, in a way, although they would not be classified as "imperial," I have my figures that I look up to - quite like some look up to the past emperors. It's not the same, but it is similar in ways.

C Cassia Longina
Gaia Cassia Longina

Previous

Return to Cultus Deorum Romanorum