Thoughts about the Cultus in our modern days

This message board is dedicated to the ancient Roman Religion, the Cultus Deorum Romanorum. Here both historical practices and the living modern tradition is to be celebrated and discussed. The members of the Collegium Pontiificum and Collegium Augurum host this board as moderators and are happy to answer questions.

Re: Thoughts about the Cultus in our modern days

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:45 pm

Well said, Senator! Rem acu tetigisti.
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Aulus Albinius Agrinus » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:59 am

Thank you for the thoughtful response, Gaius Atius Victor.

Aulus Albinius Agrinus
Aulus Albinius Agrinus

Postby Gaius Valerius Scipio » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:56 pm

Salvete!

I must agree with Victor, the Gods don't wish us to blindly follow them, blind devotion is the death of reason and the Roman Republic is, in my opinion, built on reason and tradition. The Cultus is a personal choice for the people who believe in it and there are likely a few who don't believe in it. But like the ancient Roman republic we don't discriminate and that is what sets us apart.

To me the Cultus Deorum has played an important role in my life, it has offered me guidance and allowed me to properly honour my ancestors and Mars. To me it is an important part of the republic, we are different in many ways since although we are individualistic in our worship of Gods we are united through our beliefs. Personally I find that worshiping the Gods of Olympus make more sense in this crazy world we live in.
I may have trailed off near the end but the Cultus has its place in our modern days and will certainly flourish if we continue.

Valete!
The gods command me to sanctify my every action, and I obey them with all my soul, and they assure me of great benefits from my enterprise, if only I persist.
Gaius Valerius Scipio

Previous

Return to Cultus Deorum Romanorum