New Augur Recognized by Comitia Curiata

This message board is dedicated to the ancient Roman Religion, the Cultus Deorum Romanorum. Here both historical practices and the living modern tradition is to be celebrated and discussed. The members of the Collegium Pontiificum and Collegium Augurum host this board as moderators and are happy to answer questions.

New Augur Recognized by Comitia Curiata

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:02 pm

Brutus sal.

It is my pleasure to issuing the following: EDICTUM CURIATORUM: Extraordinary Appointment of an Augur

According to this edict, Gaius Claudius Quadratus is appointed directly to the role of full Augur of the Roman Republic with all roles and responsibilities. This edict recognizes that Gaius Claudius Quadratus has been previously inaugurated and has proven experience as an Augur with service as a magister in other augural collegia.

Gaius Claudius Quadratus must publically accept this appointment before July 31, 2016 by responding in the public fora.

Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: New Augur Recognized by Comitia Curiata

Postby Quadratus » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Salvete Brute et omnibus!

It is with humility that I accept appointment as Augur and the responsibilities of that priesthood. I shall perform the duties of that position to the best of my ability. May the gods look with favor upon the Roman Republic and its citizens! So sworn on A.D. VI Id. Iul. MMDCCLXIX a.u.c., corresponding to the 10th day of July, 2016.

Valete!
Gaius Claudius Quadratus
Augur
Quadratus
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia

Re: New Augur Recognized by Comitia Curiata

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Salvete!

Congrats! It is good to see the RR move a step closer to forming the Collegium Augurum. Do we have plans for forming the body now that three augurs have been appointed?

Valete!
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Propraetor
Propraetor

Return to Cultus Deorum Romanorum