[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4855: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4857: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4858: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4859: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Roman Republic: Res publica Romana • View topic - The basics of Roman ritual

The basics of Roman ritual

This message board is dedicated to the ancient Roman Religion, the Cultus Deorum Romanorum. Here both historical practices and the living modern tradition is to be celebrated and discussed. The members of the Collegium Pontiificum and Collegium Augurum host this board as moderators and are happy to answer questions.

The basics of Roman ritual

Postby Tiberius Publicius Gracchus » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:42 pm

Salvete Omnes

I am wondering if there is anywhere online material that outlines the basics of Roman ritual, including the how and the why that is written in simple language. I have been practicing the Religio Romana for a few years but am still relying on rituals I have found on the Internet. I would like to get to the point where I could write my own rituals. I have two weeks off from both work and school and have plenty of time to read up on these rituals so if anyone could provide a reading list that would be great. From what I understand, Roman ritual is very formal and I would like to be sure I am performing it correctly. When you have a script written by an experienced cultor it is easy enough to follow that but since I will be starting a new phase in my life and the job search is about to begin I think it is time to write my own, custom rituals. Good jobs are still hard to come by so I will be needing Their help.

Valete
Tiberius Publicius Gracchus

Re: The basics of Roman ritual

Postby Marcus Grattius Frenzius » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:33 pm

The following link is from my blog, however, I am working on an updated version with much more source material. You can see a few examples of rituals throughout my blog as well.

The following link is from probably the most highly respected of cultores within the Roman polytheist community. His blog is a wealth of information that I highly recommend any and all cultores explore:

Marcus Grattius Frenzius

Return to Cultus Deorum Romanorum