Coin production

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Lucius Livius Seneca, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Tiberia Salvia Alba

Coin production

Postby Gaius Flavius Iustinus » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:20 pm

My greetings to the People of Rome, our Republic is becoming more and more like the real state, its own land has appeared, and its currency in the form of denarii already exists. However, it would be nice to turn denarii from electronic currency into real coins, maybe at least a small part of the denarii.
I had an interesting idea, consulted with the Pretor Alba and Consul Severus and they supported, so I decided to come out with our common proposal to everyone.
Our comrades in the historical reenatment are engaged in historically authentic coinage, and also make sets for the production and coinage of coins, they make molds for coinage. The Roman Republic could order such a set and produce silver coins for sale, as souvenirs or means of payment at events in real life.
Here is an example of such a set:
Here are examples of minted coins:
Since coins are minted out of silver, they are in themselves of value. This is a great help, especially since this purchase can pay for itself and bring income to the Republic of Rome. There is such a set of 600-700$, it includes everything necessary for coinage.
Gaius Flavius Iustinus
Quaestor
Quaestor

Re: Coin production

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Salve Iustine!
I suggested this before and published a detailed plan how to convert our virtual currency into a real currency. There is an entire thread about it. I also suggested to mint coins the way you described it. However the plan was postponed like usual. I would be happy to see a new attempt be made to make this al reality, especially since it would be so easy with a few legislative changes.
Vale!
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Titus Flavius Severus » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:15 pm

I would not say that it was so easy to introduce a conversion of denarius, so it has a number of issues that need to be addressed, and these are not very simple questions. Nevertheless, I agree that we must move towards making denarii convertible and own coinage will be only a plus in this process.
And what was the cost of your project?
In my opinion, we need to solve the important question - can we extract the benefit or income for our Republic from the coinage of coins, if so, we need to choose the best option from what we are offered, allocate money from the budget, purchase the appropriate tools and start working , to earn money in our republican budget.
Quae medicamenta non sanat, ferrum sanat; quae ferrum non sanat, ignis sanat. Quae vero ignis non sanat, insanabilia reputari oportet...
Titus Flavius Severus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Sarmatia Magna
Sarmatia Magna
Cultus Mithrae
Cultus Mithrae
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Gaius Flavius Iustinus » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Salve Lupe!
Gaius Florius Lupus wrote:I also suggested to mint coins the way you described it. However the plan was postponed like usual.

Everything changes when Sarmatians come to work)))
I do not see any problems in this, as Severus said, budjet can finance this project after tax collection this year. If this project is useful to the people, then the government should go to meet the people. Let's arrange a public hearing on this matter, find out what people think about it.
Gaius Flavius Iustinus
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Aula Flavia Philippa » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:54 am

Honestly, I'm surprised that I see how a good initiative meets complete indifference. It is indifference. I would agree with the criticism and rejection, but when the proposal is simply ignored, it seems to me that something is wrong. Although I am not the magistrate who is endowed with the initiative in the Senate, nevertheless, I will try to make sure that good ideas and proposals are not lost and forgotten, but reach the very top.
Aula Flavia Philippa
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Salve Aedilis!

I would like to use this opportunity to present once again my discussion paper about the conversion of our Denarius into a real currency. My suggestions were also mostly ignored or considered to be premature.

Vale!
C. Florius Lupus
Attachments
discussion paper.pdf
(313.57 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:40 pm

I am by far not well versed on what it would take to do such an endeavor successfully so I left my opinion out of it
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Censor
Censor
Proconsul
Proconsul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Aula Flavia Philippa » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:46 am

Lupus, given my knowledge of English, it will take me some time to read this document. So when I get acquainted with him, I will necessarily give you my opinion, so that you do not think that your initiative is ignored. In addition, I can promise that if this is a good practical initiative (plan), then I will, with the help of my power, take it to the discussion of the Provincial Council of Great Sarmatia.
Aula Flavia Philippa
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:50 am

Salve Aedilis!
Multas gratias tibi ago.
Vale!
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Aula Flavia Philippa » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:15 am

As I promised, I carefully read your suggestions, Lupus, about the denarius, so I would like to ask if there was a topic before on the forum on this issue, since I would like to discuss this issue. If there is no such topic, I propose to create it. Since I am not so strong in financial matters, I consulted with some high-ranking Sarmatians, and some questions appeared that require discussion.
Aula Flavia Philippa
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Next

Return to Main Forum