August 5, 2020 at 1:21 am #39168
We are working to institute a Roman Republic newsletter, but we need contributions from you, our fellow citizens.
These are the current catagories:
- Poetry and prose, either fiction or nonfiction. This includes personal essays and other articles. One of the signature ways a culture expresses itself is through its literature.
- Concerning articles, if you are contributing to the bibliotheca this month, submit the link to the requisite article.
- Also, for those of you with a more journalistic itch, this is also the place to report news from across the Res Publica, as well as events occuring in the wider Reconstructionist community.
- One last thing: do you have any inspiring story to tell of how you came to know the Roman gods, or into the Res Publica generally? If so, this is the place to share it with the rest of your fellow citizens, if you so choose.
That’s how things stand currently, unless I’m forgetting anything. If any of you would like to contribute to the newsletter, reply on this thread so I can get an idea of how many we have for the first issue. And if you have any questions, you can contact either myself or Q. Furius Camillus.
The window for our first issue is August 15-25. I thought I’d get the word out earlier in the month so we all have a little time to reflect on what we would like to see in this newsletter.
Looking forward to hearing from you all.
M. Vergilius TacitusAugust 5, 2020 at 11:07 am #39169
Paullus Aemilius GallusDenarii: 𐆖 121.74PlebeiusRaetia
Nice ideas! I’m looking forward to reading this newsletter!
Unfortunally I won’t be able to contribute to it. Like many other citizens, I’m not a native Anglophone and prose and poetry are not an easy and smooth activity.
Maybe you could open other categories that do not require a gift for writing. Maybe someone would be interested to share some photos, a ”travel diary”, an experience with reenactment, archeological excavations, etc.
GallusAugust 6, 2020 at 6:32 am #39172
Spurius Gallonius CatulusDenarii: 𐆖 194.03PlebeiusCalifornia Citerior
Gallus, I do not think that should deter you! I would like to read about news and roman things from outside and inside the respublica! A good mix would actually be my personal preference as a reader!August 6, 2020 at 6:52 pm #39173
These categories here are only preliminary. We can contribute whatever we wish to the newsletter. It will be writing, as I am most skilled in that area, but these categories need not be the only ones reflected in the newsletter when it’s finally compiled.
I guess I should have been more specific on that count. My apologies.
August 6, 2020 at 11:50 pm #39176
- This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Marcus Vergilius Tacitus.
Publius Iunius BrutusDenarii: 𐆖 1,178.98PatriciusPacifica
Tribunus Laticlavus Tacitus, I’m glad to see this project being perused!
I am happy to assist in writing a summary of some interest recent academic works on Roman history. Or to suggest some good articles in this regards, or both. When do you need this by?August 7, 2020 at 1:08 am #39178
The window to receive the requisite materials is set between August 15th thru the 25th.August 7, 2020 at 1:11 am #39179
Slight collection: Aug. 15-25 is when we will be getting the newsletter out. It is still early in the month, but any time between now and this 15-25 window would be optimal.August 7, 2020 at 11:14 pm #39188
Tiberius Terentius VarroDenarii: 𐆖 400.22PlebeiusGallia Mississippia
We should add something about the ongoing census.
I can help. Tacitus, thank you for your assistance.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.