November 29, 2020 at 2:18 pm #40440
Titus Flavius SeverusDenarii: 𐆖 1,399.30PatriciusSarmatia
T. Fl. Severus Sen. sal.,
Roman people, fellow citizens! I stand before you to announce my candidacy for the office of the Praetor.
I meet all the requirements for a candidate for this office.
Why did I decide to nominate myself? For the last two years I did not take any magistratura, I retired from politics, taking up the implementation of promising projects. However, due to circumstances, namely to comply with the principles of historical accuracy and orthopraxia, it became necessary to obtain the status, powers and imperium of the supreme magistrate. Unfortunately, it is impossible to do without this, therefore, for these very reasons, I have to nominate myself for this position. What is it for:
1. We managed to get a good piece of land for the construction of buildings, including religious ones. We want to create the first correct cult object in 1.5 thousand years, dedicated and functioning in full harmony with orthopraxia. It will be the northernmost sacra publica object in world history. In the historical sources that science has and come down to us, it is indicated that it was the praetor who performed the ritual actions during the dedication of the land for the cult building. Thus, in order to observe the principle of orthopraxia, a praetor is needed who could perform the ritual properly in this part of the world. There is not a single sacra public cult object in the world, since all were created with a violation of orthopraxia. The object we are working on will be the first real sacra public object, but a praetor is needed to maintain orthopraxia. In addition, the position of praetor facilitates and makes it possible to implement other sacred functions and requirements during the construction of the sacra publica object.
2. I would like to complete a project to systematize existing legislation and form a single, simple and understandable source of law – codification (codex). However, the status of a proconsul is not enough for this, since in accordance with the by-laws, the proconsul, as a magistrate working on projects, cannot issue edicts that can be transformed, in accordance with clause 38.B, into Customary Operating Procedures, in addition, the proconsul does not have the right to introduce acts in the manner of clause 38 A. Thus, without the authority of the Praetor, it is not possible to complete this work (project).
In addition, as Praetor, I will endeavor to work in the following areas:
1. Honest and impartial arbitration, if disputes (conflicts) arise that will require resolution;
2. Supervising the compliance of other magistrates with the governing regulations;
3. Use of powers to assist in the formation of a reconstruction community within the Republic.
4. Commitment to observance of the principles of historical accuracy and orthopraxia, both in their own activities and those of other magistrates.
5. Completion of the started by my initiative reforming bylaws of the RRCG.
In fact, the above is all that I have been doing before, however, the powers, status and imperium of the Praetor provide new opportunities for the implementation of certain points, and some cannot at all be implemented without obtaining the position of Praetor.
Cast your vote for my candidacy, you vote for specific things, so by using your vote in my favor, you will make the right choice.
Vale et valete!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.