We are building communities promoting ancient Roman culture along with its virtues and associated traditions
From the casual lover of Rome to the dedicated academic, the Roman Republic is a community for you. We are a home for those who are interested in Latin, living history projects, the Religio Romana, ancient history, the classics, and more.
Join us, risk-free. Being a member (citizen) of the Roman Republic is free.
The Roman Republic is a non-profit organization. Therefore, donations support all of our projects. Without the generosity of citizen-members, there would be no Respublica.
The philanthropy of our supporters provides the opportunity to building living Romanitas for the modern day.
• The online school, Academia Minervalis. Here we offer a growing number of online courses to citizen-members.
• Our online learning platform allows courses to fit your schedule.
• A dedicated Roman wiki (Bibliotheca) which is built and updated by our community.
• We are creating lasting communities where the Roman virtues and culture can be made manifest.
• We are establishing chapters (provinces) of the Roman Republic throughout the world. If there isn’t one in your region, we will help you found it!
• Our goal is to use the online medium to drive the formation of offline regional communities of Romans.
• We are committed to the historically mindful restoration of the ancient Roman Religion (Cultus Deorum Romanorum / Religio Romana) for the modern day.
• We have partnered with the Academia Minvervalis to provide instruction on this beautiful tradition.
• We provide a community to share in these traditions across the world online and locally face-to-face.
• The Roman Republic has its own social network populated by citizen-members.
• We also have several active forums where in-depth discussion and sharing of resources on Roman topics occurs.
• Our blogging system allows every citizen-member to maintain a personal website to share with the world.
• The Roman Republic sponsors several associations (collegia) which are dedicated to specific topics such as Latin, Reenactment, Roman History, etc. Any citizen-member can join these associations and participate or lead the activities of the group.
• Citizen-members which donate to the Roman Republic are able to found their own private groups (societas) to collaborate with friends and associates on personal projects.
• The Roman Republic serves as a hub for an international community of Romans and associated groups. In this capacity, we have countless volunteer opportunities for our citizen-members.
• The leadership of our organization is modelled upon the ancient republican model. Leadership positions are elected, and voting is weighted towards those who participate in our community.