– Aediles, Praetores, Consules, Censores start their term in office
– Tax season starts. All citizens are registered as tax unpaid starting on this date.
– A Magisterial Performance Review sub-committee is to be formed to evaluate the performance of the previous year’s magistrates. This sub-committee will consist of:
a. Princeps Senatus – Will chair the sub-committee
i. If the Princeps Senatus is not present to chair the committee, the succession of this responsibility will follow in this order: From Quaestores to Tribunes, from lower Citizen ID Number to the higher Citizen ID Number.
b. All current Quaestores
c. All current Tribunes
d. See: LEX CURIATORUM: On assessing performance and rewarding a denarii stipend to outgoing elected magistrates
– Feriae Latinae (A festival where all Roman organizations and allied groups are invited): Before this date the Consules must issue an edict announcing a minimum of three consecutive days Between February and April for the Feriae Latinae. This date should not conflict with already scheduled ludi or other major events. This date should be approved by the Collegium Pontificum or Pontifex Maximus (or their current delegate). This event is organized by the Consules and they are to be assisted by the Praetores.
– Before this date the Comitia Curiata must meet to invest imperium and ratify all elected officials for the year. Comitia Curiata must also pass budget for the year ahead and allocate any additional denarii to the senate.
– Before this date the Comitia Curiata or Collegium Pontificum must meet to set dates for all moveable festivals: Sementivae – 1 day between Jan 24-26, Amhurbium – 1 day between Feb 1 – 28, Ludi Compitales – 3 days between Dec 17 – Jan 5.
– The Comitia Curiata should review the performance of all magistrates from the previous year and hear the recommendations of the Magisterial Performance Review sub-committee and award a stipend (this can be deferred until March 1 at the latest). See: LEX CURIATORUM: On assessing performance and rewarding a denarii stipend to outgoing elected magistrates
– Before this date the Consules must appoint the Quaestores to their areas of oversight. One Quaestor must be appointed Quaestor Urbanus (assist the Censores, Senate and Comitia Curiata and oversee the treasury). Additional Quaestores can be appointed as (1) Quaestor Consularis (to assist the consules and praetores), (2) Quaestor Provincialis (to govern a province or assist with a series of provinces), (3) Quaestor Classici (to be given any additional job). (See: LEX CURIATORUM: On the Quaestores)
– The budget for the magisterial cohors should be passed by the Senate before this date. Consules or Praetores should summon the first meeting of the Senate for the calendar year before this day.
– The awards committee should meet during this month. (See March 1)
– Special projects must be assigned to proconsules and propraetores before this date by the Senate. (LEX CURIATORUM: On special projects assigned to proconsuls and propraetors)
– The Comitia Curiata must renew the term or select a new aranearius by this date.
– The performance stipend to the previous year’s magistrates must be awarded by this date by the review sub-committee and comitia curiata (see: LEX CURIATORUM: On assessing performance and rewarding a denarii stipend to outgoing elected magistrates)
– The awards committee should meet before this date.
a. This committee is to be chaired the Princeps Senatus
i. If the Princeps Senatus is not available or disposed a Quaestor selected by the Censores may chair the awards committee.
ii. The Princeps Senatus may voluntarily defer chairing the meeting to a Quaestor chosen by the Censores.
see: LEX IUNIA AURELIA: The establishment of an awards system for outstanding private and public citizens
b. The members of this committee are to be:
i. All currently serving Quaestores
ii. All currently serving Tribunes
– Consules or Praetores should summon the a meeting of the Senate this month if the awards committee is nominating any citizen for an award.
March 3 – 10
– The Curule Aediles must organize the Ludi Rei Publicae. They are to be assisted by the Plebeian Aediles (See: LEX CLAUDIA: Authorizing an annual Ludi Rei Publicae)
For three days before the end of this month the Consules and Praetores should host the Feriae Latinae – the date of this festival is announced in January
April 4 – 10
– Ludi Megalenses should be organized by the Curule Aediles. They are to be assisted by the Plebeian Aediles
April 12 – 19
– Ludi Cerialia should be organized by the Plebeian Aediles. They are to be assisted by the Curule Aediles
April 28 – May 3
– Ludi Florales should be organized by the Plebeian Aediles. They are to be assisted by the Curule Aediles
– All governors should submit an annual report of their activities during the month of April.
– The terms of all provincial governors are to be reviewed and renewed upon the discretion of the Senate during the month of May. Consules or Praetores should summon the a meeting of the Senate this month to perform this review.
– The term of the Princeps Senatus ends after two years. The Censores must select a new or renew the term of the current Princeps Senatus before this date. (LEX CURIATORUM: On the Princeps Senatus)
– The Comitia Curiata must meet this month to elect a new LCM (Director)
June 7 – 9
– Ludi Piscatorii should be organized by the Praetor Peregrinus. They are to be assisted by the Plebeian Aediles
– The Censores must start a census during this month. The tribes / centuries should be reorganized based on: LEX CURIATORUM: On the Comitia Centuriata AND LEX CURIATORUM: On the Comitia Tributa
July 6 – 13
– Ludi Apollinares should be organized by the Praetor Urbanus. They are to be assisted by the Curule Aediles
– The Censores are to perform a Lustrum ceremony after the Census this month starting in 2017 and then every five years (2022). See; download/file.php?id=657
The Censores must complete the Census started in July this month. The results should be formally presented to the Senate this month.
Consules or Praetores should summon a meeting of the Senate this month to review the Census results.
September 5 – 19
– Ludi Romani should be organized by the Curule Aediles. They are to be assisted by the Plebeian Aediles
– The Concillium Plebis should be called by the Tribunes or Plebeian Aedile this month to elect Tribunes and Plebeian Aediles for the coming year.
– The Comitia Tributa should be summoned by one of the Consules, Praetores or Curule Aediles this month to elect new Quaestores and Curule Aediles or the year ahead.
November 4 – 17
Ludi Plebeii should be organized by the Plebeian Aediles. They are to be assisted by the Curule Aediles
The Comitia Centruriata should be summoned by one of the Consules, Praetores or Curule Aediles to meet before or during this month to elect new Praetores and Consules for the year ahead. Every other year this comitia is to elect Censores as well. (Note: Censores serve a two year term)
Censores, Consules, Praetores, Aediles, Proconsules, Propraetores, Govonors, must pay their appointed assistants by this date. See: LEX CURIATORUM: On Appointment and Removal of Unelected Magisterial Assistants (Magisterial Staff)
– The newly elected Quaestores start their term in office
– The newly elected Tribunes start their term in office
– Magisterial Performance Review sub-committee consisting of the Princeps Senatus, Quaestores and Tribunes may form after this date. (See January 1.)
December 18 – January 4
– Outgoing Curule Aedile / Plebeian Aediles are to decide on 4-5 days between this period to organize the Ludi Compitalicii. They are to be assisted by the incoming Plebeian and Curule Aediles that were recently elected. Outgoing Aediles should open the games. Incoming Aediles should close the games.
– Outgoing Quaestores, Tribunes, Aediles, Praetores, Consules and Censors must submit a report on their activities over the last year in office. This report is to be submitted to the senate. If this report is not received by this date no denarii stipend is to be awarded to the outgoing magistrate.