This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Anonymous 4 years, 1 month ago.
February 26, 2016 at 10:02 pm #713
The first session of the Comitia Curiata is to be called to order starting at 0800 (+1 GMT) on March 3. All Lictors (directors) are called to attend.
The location of this meeting will be on an online forum. The URL and access to this forum will be provided before March 3rd within this thread.
The order of business is as follows:
1) Ratification of bylaws governing the corporation
2) Ratification of invitation for members to join the Comitia Curiata
3) Set election date for full term directors
4) Set denarii to USD exchange rate
5) Set election date for the following officers: Consul, Censores, Praetor
4) Ratification of officer Aranearius (web master)
5) Ratification for call for pontifices of the Collegium Pontificum
6) Ratification for call for Augurs of the Collegium Augurum
7) Ratification of temporary fasti for March and April
8) Ratification of temporary censorial powers to directors for approval of new citizenship applications. Powers to expire with appointment of Censores.
9) Ratification of the declaration of founding of the Roman Republic
10) Ratification of the principles of the Cultus Deorum Romanorum and Collegium Pontificum
11) Ratify minting of denarii for use by the treasury of the Res Publica
12) The formal creation of the following committees: comitia tributa, comitia centuriata, concilium plebis and senate
13) Ratifying a denarii allowance to the first citizens to register for the Res Publica
14) Ratification of assignment of citizens to the Patrician order
15) Ratification of the first state contracts to be offered
16) Ratification of denarii award for recruiting citizens
Any director is asked to submit any additional items for the agenda by replying to this thread no later than March 2.
The meeting will start on March 3rd. Voting scheduled to begin March 9 and end March 11.
Publius Iunius BrutusFebruary 26, 2016 at 10:25 pm #2962
To officially go ahead with this meeting we need positive auspices. Would Triarii or Quadrate be able to provide such a service on behalf of the Comitia Curiata?
I’m happy to lead a small ceremony at the start of the meeting, but first we need to know that the deities support these dates.
If we don’t have support for these dates could you please provide alternatives which are supported?
BrutusFebruary 27, 2016 at 3:38 am #2963
I would first defer to Quadratus, since he is an experienced Augur. If he cannot, I will. Just let me know.
TriariusFebruary 27, 2016 at 9:10 pm #2971
Will the discussion and votes be public? I like it that it will be in a forumFebruary 27, 2016 at 9:15 pm #2972
Ah, and has the board negotiated with any proeminent pontifices their adherence to the CP?February 28, 2016 at 6:30 am #2977
Anonymousquote Gaius Atius Victor:
My proposal is to have this meeting be public. However, the will need to go to a vote. I think all meetings should be public unless there is a very good reason against it. It keep everyone accountable and provides transparency in regards to how everything works. This speaks to my personal philosophy about how the RR should be run and is consistent with Roman Republican principles..
BrutusFebruary 28, 2016 at 6:34 am #2978
Anonymousquote Gaius Atius Victor:
Not at the moment. I plan to introduce a plan for requesting applications for the CP. Other members of the Comitia Curiata may make some other proposals to this affect. But at the moment we are focused on the procedure that should be used regarding this process. We are not yet at the point where we are prepared to review any particular candidates. We need to get the basic organizational framework for the entire Roman Republic up first. This way we have some structure in place to start when we start search process for the CP.
BrutusFebruary 28, 2016 at 7:45 am #2982
Great, I will be there! I have no problems with the meeting being public. I support transparency!
L. HostiliaFebruary 29, 2016 at 5:27 am #3002
One thing that could also be done is a parallel discussion of the topic by the people that are already in the forum in a seperate post. Could be a good experiment to see how the Assembly-based organization would be like. And that way the Board would have a feel on what most people want before making any decision regarding the topics at hand.March 2, 2016 at 7:32 pm #3075
The auspices taken by Quadratus were favourable, may the Gods continue to guide us at this important time and may we continue to be attentive to their patronage.
This is an official announcement and reminder of the Comitia Curiata meeting tomorrow, V Non. Mart. MMDCCLXIX a.u.c. (March 3, 2016).
This meeting shall start at 0800 (+1 GMT) (Rome time), and will run until 23:59 (+1 GMT) (Rome time), on March 11th, or until adjourned at an earlier date.
The meeting shall be held at: http://romanrepublic.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=11, it shall be presided over by P. Iunius Brutus who called this meeting.
All Romans may observe the proceedings of the assembly. Closed discussion on individual items will only occur if decide upon by majority vote of the assembly. No items currently proposed are tagged for a closed session. All Romans are encouraged to comment on the meeting here on this forum.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.