The deadline for submission is 4:00 p.m., EDT, on March 29th. Sets of answers submitted by 4:00 p.m., EDT, on March 25th will earn 1 bonus point. Send responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Briefly define the following terms:
b. Mos maiorum
2. The dictator L. Cornelius Sulla Felix and the emperor Diocletian, though separated by almost 400 years, have something quite unusual in common. What?
3. Marcus Antonius, the Triumvir, was the direct blood ancestor of which Roman emperor?
4. What is the difference between a "Triumph" and an "Ovation?" Give an example of both celebrations (who and when are sufficient).
5. The position of Roman Emperor was a high-risk job, but not all emperors were murdered, committed suicide, or died in battle. Name 10 emperors up through the time of the final removal of the Altar of Victory from the Curia, who most likely died naturally or because of an accident.