1st place: Titus Flavius Severus – 31.0 points
2nd place: Lucius Vitellius Triarius – 27.5 points
3rd place: Tiberius Marcia Quadra – 27.0 points
4th and Final Set of Questions
1. A military device used by the Romans in naval battle involved a gangplank that could be raised and lowered. There was a spike at the end that served to fasten an enemy vessel. What is that device called and when was it first used by the Romans?
2. What is meant by saying someone was declared "hostis publicis?" Give an example.
3. Hannibal was an arch-enemy of Rome. Name another enemy of Rome who was similarly tenacious.
4. C. Iustinus was born on June 12, 38 B.C.E. and died on May 30, 26 C.E. How old was he when he died? (years)
5. Name the members and the position of each in the Roman governmental form known as the "Tetrarchy." When did it come into being and about how long did it last?
Bonus question : There were some very prominent persons in Roman history who are said to have died as a result of falling off a horse. (Okay, so maybe they had a little help.) Name two.