This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Anonymous 5 years, 2 months ago.
Ludi Rei Publicae – 3rd set of questions
Salvete! It is not too late to enter this contest. Three Roman coins will be awarded as prizes. Inquiries and answers should be sent to email@example.com
Standings after two rounds:
1st place: Titus Flavius Severus – 20.5 points
2nd place: Gaia Cassia Longina – 16.67 points
3rd place: Tiberius Marcia Quadra – 16.5 points
Following is the third set of questions. The deadline for submission is 4:00 p.m. EDT, on March 29th. Sets of answers received by 4:00 p.m. EDT on March 27th will earn 1 bonus point.
1. Briefly define the term "damnatio memoriae" and give an example of it.
2. Who was responsible for the construction of the present-standing Pantheon?
3. When did the sacred stone of the Magna Mater arrive in Rome? Where did it come from and why was it brought to Rome?
4. Distinguish the "Sacred Geese" from the "Sacred Chickens" and briefly describe an event involving each.
5. The emperor Septimius Severus did something that might be termed a "nunc pro tunc" adoption. What did he do and why did he do it?
The top three are so close! Any question could make or break it! 😮 😉
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.