March 3, 2019 at 2:48 pm #2864
Post any issues you are having with the website or forums here. The aranearius (webmaster) will then address your concern.April 3, 2019 at 9:07 pm #13059
Not really a problem, but it would be great, when we click on a hyperlink in a post that this link opens in a new page in the browser and not in the same page.
Thanks.April 3, 2019 at 9:22 pm #13060
Anonymousquote Paullus Aemilius Gallus:
The entire website is bring redone right now.
We are probably look at a May launch date. So everything will be soon migrated over to a system that will make this one look very humble indeed.May 25, 2020 at 8:26 pm #38043
I encountered some technical problems, and would be glad if someone helped me deal with them.
– Is it possible to insert a button on the main page of the forum with a link to the latest fresh topics? Here’s the link: http://romanrepublic.org/roma/topics/ This button will make life easier for many. It is very difficult to keep track of new topics on the forum. I will not be surprised that some of these difficulties do not notice new posts or topics in other sections.
– I have in the address bar in the link to my profile the part of my email address is indicated. I don’t really like it. However, I changed the address, but this link element did not change. I would like to change this, is it possible? Now the link is: http://romanrepublic.org/roma/members/viktoriafp/ I want a link like this: http://romanrepublic.org/roma/members/philippa/, my mailbox has changed, and my login name has also changed accordingly. Now my email account is: philippa|A|sarmatia.pro
– I cannot use the event service. When I try to enter the “my events” section, a black translucent screen appears and nothing happens. Of course, I will hold the planned event without this service, but then why do I need a non-working service if it is useless and cannot be used?)))
I count on your help. I don’t know who should be involved, but I think my requests will find the right person.May 25, 2020 at 9:57 pm #38044
Tiberius Terentius VarroDenarii: 𐆖 714.52PlebeiusGallia Mississippia
We probably can insert a button to the most recent forum topics. The most recent posts are also displayed at the bottom of the main homepage. I will look into this.
Your profile page shows your username in the url. New citizens choose this username upon registering. Citizens that were migrated over to the new system have a fragment of their email address used as their username. This is because the old system did not have usernames. Under the old system your email address was your username.
If any long standing citizen who had an account before 2019 finds this problematic it can be changed. But it requires each request to by managed individually by the aranearius. Please send me a private message with your desired username and I will make the changes. It might take a few weeks. Please be patient.
What link are you using for the events screen? Can you send a screen shot? What browser are you using. It displays normally for me. So I need more information about the bug. It should look like the attached image.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.May 26, 2020 at 4:49 pm #38056
Thank you, regarding the username, I will write separately to you.
Something is going wrong with the events. Do not get me wrong, I’m not out of idle curiosity interested in this issue, the fact is that I want to hold a live event, but this service does not work. I absolutely do not understand how to register an event and so on. I spent so much time on this.
I used to have a dimming screen, but now the number of links in the events section has decreased.
Explain to me how to register an event?May 26, 2020 at 7:00 pm #38058
I would also like to ask for technical questions.
1) I can’t change the time, everywhere on the forum displays the time of a completely different time zone.
2) Can I also change the username? I mean what Philippa is talking about.
3) Is it possible to create a separate section on the forum to work on the Code / Constitution / Basic Law. For each section of the plan, a separate topic will be needed, thus approximately 23-25 topics will be obtained, and I would not want to litter the remaining sections of the forum. I think this will not be a problem.
P.S. Philippa, I have no problems creating events, when I hover over the calendar section a special menu appears: “Create an event”. But in the profile in the “Events” section, I have not two, but five whole sections.
Vale!May 27, 2020 at 6:53 pm #38066
Philippa, I registered our event, now it is waiting for approval. This is rather ironic, when it came to registering the first live event in the Roman Republic, it turned out that this is not so simple, and some users are deprived of this opportunity.
Now we are waiting for the approval of the event.
P.S. While one is getting magistracy, others are trying to defeat the site system, register and hold a live event.May 27, 2020 at 10:50 pm #38067
No this event registration is working as designed. Only users with elected magistrate, Aranearius or governor level credentials can approve events. This is done to prevent potential abuse of the system and screen the appropriateness of the content. This is prudent and inline with other organizations.
I will look into the request and approve it if nothing is out of the ordinary.May 27, 2020 at 10:55 pm #38068
Approved. Looks like a great event, I wish I was closer and could attend.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.May 27, 2020 at 10:57 pm #38070
I can’t change the time, everywhere on the forum displays the time of a completely different time zone.
This is the time in Rome. Our server is set to this time. The forum does not yet have the ability to edit this. But I will add this to the requested features list.May 28, 2020 at 2:12 am #38081
It is very difficult to keep track of new topics on the forum. I will not be surprised that some of these difficulties do not notice new posts or topics in other sections.
I just added a new area where you can easily see all the most recent forum activity.May 28, 2020 at 8:44 am #38082
Great, thanks Brutus.
In the future, it would be nice if this button of the last activity were placed at the top of the forum, that is, to a more obvious place, as Philippa said.
In addition, the rating system (likes), which just entered on the forum does not work correctly. Immediately when you click on the rating, the number of ratings is not displayed correctly. For example, there was one like, when I squeeze the second like, the counter shows 12 likes. After refreshing the page, the number of ratings is displayed correctly.
The registration system of the events should also be reviewed, because a deadlock may occur when there is no governor in the province, and ordinary citizens want to arrange an event, then they need to contact someone. This is not very convenient.
Nevertheless, I like the idea that we find some flaws, because we are starting to use the system. Although it is surprising that these issues have not been identified before… but nothing, I hope, thanks to the activities of the Sarmatians, we will eliminate other hidden shortcomings.May 28, 2020 at 12:38 pm #38083
it would be nice if this button of the last activity were placed at the top of the forum, that is, to a more obvious place, as Philippa said. In addition, the rating system (likes), which just entered on the forum does not work correctly. Immediately when you click on the rating, the number of ratings is not displayed correctly.
Yes, the button on the top of the page was not displaying nicely. We will need to continue to problem solve that. The rating system for posts was just added yesterday. Consider that a trial. We may or may not keep that feature. I made a few adjustments today in this feature, so hopefully, the bug you describe is solved.
Edit: The bug wasn’t solved so I disabled this feature for now.May 28, 2020 at 3:05 pm #38115
Many thanks, Brutus)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.